Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2019, 02:58 PM   #1

Quigley Roadtrek 190

Not mine, but I kinda wish it was!

Not exactly an off-road rock-crawler like some here want, but this looks like a pretty sweet van if you want more amenities that a normal SMB but to still have 4x4. Would have to work on a lift or something, though, to take advantage of the 4WD. Recent model and low miles. $80k

"2015 4 X 4 ROADTREK 190 POPULAR 31k miles"

https://orlando.craigslist.org/rvs/d...789696291.html
Attached Thumbnails
00808_PgHwdPTGEW_1200x900.jpg   01414_6jOHA8zaryc_1200x900.jpg  

BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 03:13 PM   #2

Garage
That would be a great start to accomplish this:

Old 01-12-2019, 09:59 AM   #3

Looks super nice. I really hate 3 way fridges since you have to level the vehicle to make them work.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:06 AM   #4
Orv

Garage
My experience with 3-way fridges is it's often hard to tell if they're actually working or not. Those were all pretty old ones, though, I'm sure recent ones are better. I can see the benefit when boondocking. The 12V fridge in my van does use quite a bit of battery power. 3-way fridges are also usually silent, which is a point in their favor.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:44 AM   #5

Another one @ $54,900

4x4!!!! 2007 Roadtrek 190 Versatile

Sherwood, OH

View the walkaround video here:
https://youtu.be/uzHX6SEmE08

View the full listing on our website here:
https://www.truckandrv.com/2007-Road...#8230;/6564404
Geadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post

Not exactly an off-road rock-crawler like some here want, but this looks like a pretty sweet van if you want more amenities that a normal SMB but to still have 4x4. Would have to work on a lift or something, though, to take advantage of the 4WD. Recent model and low miles. $80k

The main problem with similar Roadtreks we ( wife and I) have checked in the past is house battery and frig. Most have a three way frig which are electricity hogs away from hookups unless van is level to use propane. Owners we talked to keep on driving until they find a level spot to use the very efficient propane. We are only going out to camp at trailheads and launch points! The associated conversion is very expensive! On owner drove from Phoenix to southern tip of Argentina and had a great trip; depends on why you are going into the outback. We seldom use the 4x4 (E350 7.3diesel with 4” lift) but like to wander down FS or BLM dirt roads and just want to get back; it is our attached tow truck! Am considering a Ford E350 high top LB Eco Boost with Quigley 4x4 and 2.5 inch lift. Bit worried about the overhang, but should work based on where we tend to go.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:33 PM   #7

Cool find Brian. I think more companies should offer these (4wd/AWD but not lifted or hardcore). I think it would cater to a lot more people than we think. We're sort of outliers on this site wanting an RV that will do the Rubicon trail. Most just want to feel like they can get to a decent camp spot down a gravel road.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
That would be a great start to accomplish this:

it would be awesome to turn the roadtek in to that lifted one but its already $80k, are you really spending 80K on a van to put another $5 or $10 in it? I do know i wish i could spend that kind of money on toys though, its looks awesome!
Old 01-19-2019, 07:56 PM   #9
Orv

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
The main problem with similar Roadtreks we ( wife and I) have checked in the past is house battery and frig. Most have a three way frig which are electricity hogs away from hookups unless van is level to use propane. Owners we talked to keep on driving until they find a level spot to use the very efficient propane.
My solution has always been to carry some leveling blocks. Now I that have an electric fridge it's not as critical, but I still sometimes level the van to make sleeping more comfortable.

The set I have is made of plastic 2" thick blocks that have posts, like lego bricks, so they can be securely stacked.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post

I went to see this van last week and was invited by the owner (a real nice, honest, experienced and knowledgeable guy) to take it out to see how it behaved.

Loaded, and a very clean van.

Definitely worth a look if this is on your radar !

TW
** No BS, No Stories, No Disappointments **
Headin' Out is offline   Reply With Quote