Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2017, 03:45 PM   #1

SAD DAY! Wrecked 7.3

It is a sad day. I have a very nice 7.3 quigley e350 that has been babied its whole life. Motor and all running gear is great, pop top can be fixed ( I think) has a new tranny 189 k miles. All easy miles. I am on vacation in Idaho and had a little roll over, just putting out some feelers about getting it gone, and me getting home. I can send photos on request. Cheers... Kt. Please text me at 775-771-2434 I have very limited cell service

telehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 05:44 PM   #2

I am sorry to hear that. Dang.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:12 AM   #3

Garage
Yikes that is scary and a bummer, if it gets parted out I have been looking for a stock air intake, good luck getting home.
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 05:56 AM   #4

text sent - where in ID? I live in VT but chance of friends in Sand point who might be a resource???
Old 07-05-2017, 07:31 AM   #5
Site Team

Sounds to me like the van still has good bones, so maybe it can be repaired, or even a full body swap. Don't be too quick to give up on it.

Herb
Old 07-06-2017, 06:22 PM   #6

Update: I think I found a guy to transport my van and myself home to Reno so I can get her home and in my shop. I still need to get my personals out and figure out a plan on what to do with the old girl. Looks like a travel day of July 12 so I should know more after that. I will update about what will be done and post some pics for feedback. Cheers! Kt
telehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:04 PM   #7

Nice! Good Luck!
Old 07-06-2017, 11:36 PM   #8

Good luck! Also, I hope any damage to humans was as minimal as possible

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:51 AM   #9
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
So sorry Telehead...would it be possible for we 'members' to learn anything from you? Was it while 4x4'ing? On a trail? Or on the HWY? I have and continue to learn from all the valuable advice and stories from SMB'rs and wondered if there is a lesson for us....again, so sorry about hurting your SMB...hope some TLC and a big hammer will get you and it back on the road!j What's your Van name?
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:57 PM   #10

Garage
he is in lower cental Idaho right now and has very little reception. he gave me a quick rundown so ill share what he shared with me. hopefully im not out of line.

his family was driving down a freshly graded back road with the downside to his right. he was going wide to let another vehicle pass on the inside and got his front wheel off in the soft edge. from there the soft dirt on the edge pulled him off the road. he said it slowly tipped over on passenger side, then started sliding and basically did a 1 1/2 barrel roll, swapped direction and landed on the passengers side again. I don't recall how far down the 45 degree embankment he was.

he said he had his wife and son with him but sounded like there were only minor cuts and bruises to everyone, but no serious injuries luckily. he said he had to bust out a back window to get out of the vehicle once it came to a stop.

he said passenger side is wasted and pass side windshield upright is thrashed. so entire pass side is a goner. with how old the van is hes sure it will be totaled. sucked to talk with him as it was still fresh in his head and he was missing his van. I hope I don't have to have that feeling ever. you get used to having your rig and when its not there or gone, theres an empty feeling

he sounded like he was unsure with what he wanted to do. meaning if he was going e-series again or updating to a transit or something newer. I told him if it were me and how much I love the e-series that I would get the rig home and re-evaluate the situation from there.

im sure he will chime in when he has a sec, but keep in mind he is on vacation right now, so im sure hes trying to salvage whats left of his trip with the fam.

ctb, if theres anything to learn, its be careful with these heavy rigs on the roads edge. I almost fell into this same fate the very first time I took my van out with the poptop. if there hadn't been a tree to keep me from rolling into the ravine, my rig would have been totaled too. doesn't take much for a 10k rig to blowout the soft edge of a road. be careful out there folks
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote