Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2017, 11:48 AM   #11

As someone who is building up a 2013 V10 and trying to not cut too many corners that thing is not unfairly priced for what is there. You would save yourself a lot of time and headaches.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:06 PM   #12

Garage
As a price comp/albeit a slight upgrade, and for only another $29,000--
-- here's a similar-ish rig/similar-ish mileage (being posted for a seller by SMB West) that adds a partially-equipped 50 interior (but no penthouse or propane.)

$89k.

Well-sorted, low-mile V10 EB 4WD is clearly prime steak these days.
-------------------------------------------------------------

2013 Ford EB E350 V-10 4×4

LINK: 2013 Ford EB E350 V-10 4×4
VIN# DB21373
Mileage: 47,500

Custom Sportsmobile, Top can be Added, “50”, Upgraded Audio, Alpine Monitor w/Nav/XM Radio, DVD, Back-Up Camera, Ipod Adapter, Speakers, Amps, 12” Subwoofer, Sound Deadening Throughout, Heated Front Seats, Swivel Passenger Seat, Sink, Refrigerator, Rear A/C, On Demand Hot Water, Exterior Shower, 10 gal. Water Tank, Porta Potti, Loncoin Rubber Flooring, Carpet Overlay, LED Interior Lights, Under Floor Storage, Interwoven Cloth Walls & Ceiling Headliner, Bushwackers, Side ladder, Roof Rack, Solar Panel, Front & Rear Bumper w/Lights, Rear Tire Carrier ,Large Cargo Box & Bike Carrier, Electric Side Steps, Dual Front & Rear Bilstein Shocks w/Remote Reservoir, Rear Airbags, Rigid Roof Lights, ARB On Board Air, Upgraded Wheels & Tires, Seats 5, Sleeps 2

$89,000

-------------------------------------------------------------
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:45 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBikeRoamer View Post
... a partially-equipped 50 interior (but no penthouse or propane.)...
I'm guessing there's a heater since there appear to be vents above the rear seat, and near were your knees would be if you sat on the rear bench on the driver's side.

Herb
Old 08-07-2017, 05:56 PM   #14
Site Team

Garage
Hum, Bilstein Shocks w/Remote Reservoirs. Not stock SMB. Is it an actual SMB conversion??? SMB or not, it's kind of lacking info in the drive train area. I'd also wonder about tearing out that roof... almost a shame it looks so nicely done but it might make adding the top more expensive depending how they have to deal with the interior. I don't know if the roof rack would fit on an aftermarket top either without some mods. At least it has side barn doors if one is looking for them.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:08 PM   #15

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
I'm guessing there's a heater since there appear to be vents above the rear seat, and near were your knees would be if you sat on the rear bench on the driver's side.

Herb
Ah, good catch......I wonder? Those could just as easily be StarCool. Which the listing doesn't mention either. EDIT: Ok, it does, but they call it simply "Rear A/C." Strange that on a Sportsmobile website they don't use their own StarCool trade-name for the system.

The fact that it mentions "on demand hot water" and yet there was no mention of a furnace (and no evidence of a cook-top either) made me think it must be some kind of electric hot-water system, but that's sounding less likely the more I think about it (unless you're Boywonder.....)

You're probably right. I bet it does have propane and heat (and StarCool....). Upper vents StarCool, lower vents heater.

I've always kind of marveled at how minimal the descriptions (and photos) are on these Sportsmobile Website consignment listings. There's never even remotely enough info, especially when you compare one of those listings to the exhaustively-described Classifieds that members here on the forum post.

With this listing (and especially for that $89k!) I went immediately looking for a driver-side exterior photo in particular.......to see if there was either 1) the propane door, or 2)the tell-tale Suburban heater exhaust, or 3) the usual square hot water heater exhaust door.

Really gotta be a sleuth to figure out the big picture with these listings, and know your stuff to pick up on the reality of a rig based on just a few minor cues/clues like you are doing Herb.

For the top-dollar character of most of the rigs posted on the Sportsmobile home page, you'd think that buyers with pockets that deep would want to know a LOT about the specs of their possible purchases, up front. And see TONS of photos.
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:08 PM   #16

The one in the SMB site is a UJOR leaf spring conversion.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:24 PM   #17

The rear AC and heat could be factory, just rerouted, which seems likely considering the locations of the vents. It's a beauty of a rig though, they both are.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:14 AM   #18

Could be that he will get his asking price since these kind of rigs are so popular.

James
James4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:37 PM   #19

Garage
Since were just putting them out there...

How about this one - https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...244719605.html

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:00 AM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
Since were just putting them out there...

How about this one - https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...244719605.html
1) Looks like a pair of jet engines on the roof rack
2) I would hate to try and access that roof rack
3) The Aluminess storage box is really cool how they have it set up. Best use of that space that I've seen.

Herb