Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2015, 09:35 AM   #1

SOLD (2WD) 2004 Ford E250 Hi-Top (denver/co) SOLD

SOLD

Hi, i bought her early last year to do a 4 month road trip. Now I'm going to sell her as i want to downsize.
She shows 115k miles on the clock but it's a bit more as I put MichelinLTX M/S2 235/85/16 on. These are ~31.7". The tires are still in great shape and they indeed run super smooth and quiet.
This van was build as a wheelchair van and has the "ambulance package" which seems to consist mainly of a 1 inch lift. I heard mechanics saying that this must be a E350 chassis but according to the VIN (1FDNE24L34HB09949 ) it's a E250, 5.4l.
With that lift and the taller tires, she has plenty of extra ground clearance.
Posi locker in the rear.
Dual batterie setup. (1 new batterie just recently put in).
I put a brand new driver seat in when I bought her. Also, 4 new KYB monomax shocks all around (the 2 front one are brand new - replaced under warranty). New brake discs in rear, new pads all around).
The interior is tan which I personally really like.
Here is some sort of a build thread: http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...et-build-(2WD).
No cold air coming out of the rear AC. The rear heater works though. This never was a problem for me with this set up. Front AC works great. Also, the CD player does not work, it eats the CD's.
Everything else works just fine.
Plenty of oil/filter changes done (receipts included).
Here is a link to my travelog with a bunch of pictures http://www.tripcolor.com/user/79659/...ern-usa-by-van
I furnished that thing with a new floor, sleeping/storage platform and some kitchen set up (accessible from rear). All made from cabinet grade (carb 2 compliant = non toxic) birch plywood. All treated with beeswax/linseed oil and some love.
The sleeping/storage platform measures 71.5 x 53 x 17.5.
The sliding windows work very well and are tight. The little bug screens are all intact. I never noticed any water coming in from anywhere.
All the blinds work well. No cracks or major chips in any glass.
Cosmetically: There are minor dings, dents and pinstripes all around, on the passenger side there are a bunch of dents from previous owner. He couldn't tell me how they got there. I removed all the original decorative pinstripes that come with a conversion van.
The paint on the roof is fading a lot.
Keep in mind that rig only seats two.
Bottom line: if you are in the market for a smooth and tight running road tripping-/camping rig that is ready to go and you don't care about her appearance, swing by and take a look.

Asking $5678 obo. feel free to critique my asking price.

If i get a decent price, I throw in the cooler (see pictures), a simple but very effective awning, these 2 seat storage/organizer thingies, a small inverter (sized for laptop etc) a propane tank and a stove (coleman 2 burner) and maybe a bunch of other ods and ends that might be useful.

a few more pictures here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/t ... -Denver-CO

SOLD
Attached Thumbnails
04.jpg   03.jpg   01.jpg  

picster is offline   Reply With Quote