Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2016, 08:35 PM   #1

Garage
Sweet Deal: 2004 EB 4WD / Penthouse

*** Not mine / No Affiliation ***

Not bad for $18.5k.
Power SMB penthouse top! 4WD! And low miles. (87k.)

Pretty cool. Looks to have a decent basic ensemble of camping equipment inside (does not appear to have propane or water, but does have a fridge and an inverter....port outside for a 110/240 shore line.) ---

More or less what looks like a reasonable-quality homebuilt RB50 layout, with some extra captain's chairs....

------------------------------------------------------------------

4x4 e350 w/sportsmobile top - $18500 (N. Alabama)

4x4 e350 w/sportsmobile top

I have an 04 econoline that has been professionally converted to 4wd. The van has an electric pop top by sportsmobile. 4 captains chairs( two are on swivels and are removable with a pull of a latch). Rear fold out couch. Yakima roof rack, awning,cabinets,fridge,inverter,rear ladder. Price is 18500 firm. Will consider trades.

------------------------------------------------------------------

MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:29 AM   #2

I wonder what engine that is? It just says 'gas'. It's a great deal either way but if it's a V10 an even better one.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:46 AM   #3

This is from the owner. I'm very interested in the van. Not sure what to think about the fact that it was in an accident. What do you guys think??

I've had it for two years. It was a regular cargo van when I got it. Had to replace the side barn doors where it had been in an accident. Four wheel drive is coil sprung ccv kit( pretty much same as quigley 4 link suspension) all new brakes and rotors this summer. Axle was installed by a custom shop here close to home. Trans and transfer case was done at another shop here also. I've had no problems with it at all I'm just going a different route now. We have a family of five and it gets crowded with all of us. I have put 12000 on it. The engine light came on in it about 200 miles ago and I had it scanned and it's an o2 sensor. It was a fleet vehicle before I got it. It was a very clean van when I received it.
Fishingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:54 AM   #4

Garage
Honestly unless that stuff that is mentioned by the current owner gets fixed, I would have to take a long hard look at it before purchasing. It does seem like a sweet deal and if you have extra funds to be able to fix anything that comes up it could be a good find.

I purchased a van that was 4wd but needed work and knew it. I was also looking for a project and had extra money ready to do what I knew needed to be done. I don't regret going that route but I wouldn't buy this one thinking its plug and play.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:56 PM   #5

Garage
Seemed like a great deal...Until the Salvage Title part, or restored salvaged.
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisnight View Post
Seemed like a great deal...Until the Salvage Title part, or restored salvaged.
Is it salvaged?

I think it looks like a good deal, but I'm also not super familiar with the CCV 4x4 conversion.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:55 PM   #7

Garage
I don't know much about suspensions but the little I do know would make me weary of buying a salvaged previously wrecked "it was great when I got it" 4 link suspension.

They are already touchy as it is if not done correctly. If it was a leaf spring suspension then I would be less worried. Either way, if you get it down low enough because of the title issue just find a solid 2wd one with a crappy body and put this body in that 2wd suspension.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:30 PM   #8

Is there a title issue? I'm not seeing it in the ad or the quote from Fishingman.

Am I blind?
Old 09-21-2016, 03:35 PM   #9

He said nothing about title. The ad says it's a 350 but it's a 250 as you can see from the rear photo. I'll try to get a vin and run a check on it
Fishingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishingman View Post
He said nothing about title. The ad says it's a 350 but it's a 250 as you can see from the rear photo. I'll try to get a vin and run a check on it
Yeah, good call on any used car purchase..

For this money, this looks like a good deal, I'd go for it, but know you may need to put some money into fixing some stuff, cleaning up some of his homebrew interior, etc. But where else do you get a 4x4 poptop van with less than 100k for under $20k?