Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2014, 05:49 PM   #1

Garage
The other one that won't sell: "Off-Road Ford RV 4x4 - $21K"

***Not mine / No affiliation***

On the heels of the just-recently-posted yellow SMB that hasn't been moving very quickly.....there's also this one that keeps on loitering in the used-SMB parking lot: Been seeing this one listed for (if I recall correctly) at least four or five months now. Guy hasn't been dropping his price a penny.

Looks like it's got a good selection of some desired equipment (4WD, penthouse, fairly-well-equipped kitchen (not sure where the propane for the stove is coming from, though....and no visible fridge....).......

Curious if anyone else has actually investigated this one at any point and perhaps considered it.

$21k for a nearly-40-year-old rig seems a bit steep......but IMHO, it's actually kind of a neat older SMB, seems like it could be prepped/staged/photo'd/presented a bit better and might sell well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Off-Road Ford RV 4x4 - $21000 (SLO)

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4754069346.html

PHOTOS: http://www.classiccarguy.com/details_new.asp?id=219

The outdoorsman's perfect RV. 1976 Ford E-250 4x4 Pop-Top Sportsmobile. Go anywhere and be self-reliant. Has Solar power and 3 batteries. 1 ton rear axle. Dana 44 in front. Pop Top by Sportsmobile - sleeps 4 comfortably. The penthouse was installed by Sportsmobile in 1998. The van has a Kitchen with Fresh water and gray water tanks, stainless sink, wood cabinets, icebox, stove. Renell Bumper w/9000 lb winch. Completely self sufficient with solar power but also has has AC and H2O hookups. Also equipped with a very powerful Inverter for DC --> AC power. This van will climb like a Jeep, goes through snow like a champ. Perfect for backwoods/outback camping. --- <>< ---- TO FULLY APPRECIATE A SPORTSMOBILE, THEIR CAPABILITIES AND VERSITILITY, YOU MUST VISIT http://WWW.SPORTSMOBILE.COM --- ><> --- This truck has received a complete restoration and stripped to bare metal in the late 90s and completely repainted. The penthouse top was added in 1998 and was the last van to be equipped with a pop-top on this model. New engine in 2005. There are 8000 miles on the completely rebuilt 460 V8. RV cam. All new parts. New gas tank, New radiator, etc etc.

Features...
AM/FM Stereo, Air Conditioning, Interval Wipers, Security System, Have Service Records, Bench Seat, Convertible (Soft Top), Seat Belts

Restoration...
Restored: over time

There are about 8000 miles on the completely rebuilt 460 V8.

Exterior...
A few scratches in the paint, but nice appearance overall. Chrome is nice but has minor dings here & there .

Interior...
Very nice interior. Wood panelling is nice, cloth upholstery is nice. Front driver's seat has a minor tear. It is well cared for. The removable carpet is nice, as is the vinyl floors (for camping). She is equipped with a stove, 10 gallon water tank, stainless steel sink, locking wood cabinets, countertop space, icebox, TV/VCR, porta potty, great stereo system with Bazooka tube amp (AM/FM/Cassette, wireless remote control, removable face plate, 6x9s rear and 6" dia. in front). Has incandescent lights, flourescent lights and low light mood lighting (blue rope lighting). The top is in excellent shape. Does not leak . Good canvas, windows and zippers in good shape, etc. Air conditioning recently serviced. Works well.

Mechanical...
Newly rebuilt 460 V8. 8000 miles on motor. Runs strong. Four wheel transfer case is a Dana 44. works fine. Tow hitch front and rear (Can carry bikes in front plus trailer in back). Renell bumper with 9000 lb winch and remote controller. Back up lights, Spot lights, Neon lighting system UNDER the van.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:41 PM   #2

Re: The other one that won't sell: "Off-Road Ford RV 4x4 - $

Looks like a very well maintained rig but way over priced.

Does anyone know that the device is to the left of the winch?
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:25 PM   #3

This is located in my town. I may have seen it parked while I was checking out another car to purchase, but I'm not sure if it was this one. If anyone decides that they can't live without this, I can check it out for you if you don't live close.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #4
Site Team

I think that one has been for sale, off and on, for at least the last 6 years, probably longer.

Part of me thinks the owner doesn't want to sell, but he's probably telling his wife that it is for sale, just that no one is buying.

Herb
Old 11-11-2014, 05:33 AM   #5
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

But it's got a TV/VCR combo and a cassette player! Come on. I still have some of my old Dead tapes collecting dust but we've already purged our VCR collection, dang!
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie

Looks like a PTO of some sort, maybe?
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:09 PM   #7
Site Team

Garage

Maybe it has no engine electronics and he figures it will be worth more when an EMP hits?

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:45 PM   #8

Quote:
But it's got a TV/VCR combo and a cassette player! Come on. I still have some of my old Dead tapes collecting dust but we've already purged our VCR collection, dang!
Old 11-11-2014, 06:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie

Looks like a PTO of some sort, maybe?
That is what I thought but found it hard to believe.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote