Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Tom, do you have a problem with Provan Tigers?

Your close mindedness isn't welcome here Tom. Lots of our members neither have nor ever will have SMB's and are active members with a general interest in camper vans of all types. A Tiger is more similar to an SMB then it is any other motorhome.

Where is it written that this site is only for Sportsmobiles and other custom built similar vehicles? We are not, and never have been affiliated with the Sportsmobile company.

Should we quit talking about GTRV, Pleasureway and Colorado Camper Vans too? What about Ujoint and every other four-wheel-drive converter? By your logic they should all be excluded too sunce that might be construed as competition to Sportsmobile's four-wheel-drive conversions.

We are a pretty open-minded bunch around here. We talk about a lot of things and learn a lot of things from each other. It's typically a very peaceful and mature atmosphere. If you'd like to be a part of a forum where only your specific interests are discussed then go start one. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I highlighted what I thought was well said. I am constantly in the hunt, for another build. To restore, use until I find another.

I have Three Tiger CX's. currently. Chev 2wd, Chev 4x4, Cummins. 12v.
I owned two SMB's and fell in love with a Cummins 12v Tiger CX 5-sp. that I discovered in CO.

3-SMB's E250's, E350's - (SOLD)
Wheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:08 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86scotty View Post
we are a pretty open-minded bunch around here. We talk about a lot of things and learn a lot of things from each other. It's typically a very peaceful and mature atmosphere.
+1

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:55 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
+1

+2

After I read that again, it does seem a little harsh that I copied & highlighted.

I completely agree with rally as well.
3-SMB's E250's, E350's - (SOLD)
Wheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:04 PM   #24

This is not a general motorhome website. All you have to do is look at the name of the forum to see that. All this other stuff does is clog up and dilute useful information on Sportsmobiles.

And no, I am not anti-Tiger. I used to own one. And Tigers are not more similar to SMBs than anything else. They are more similar to EarthRoamers, but the discussions here need to stick to what the site was started for-Sportsmobiles.
TomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:14 PM   #25

TomH

How about you don't click on post that don't say sportsmobile. We all have choices in life and you can choose not to read forums that not might pertain to "sportmobiles". Just because you might not want to be involved in the conversations or learnings it's your own choice.

I choose to read just about every post on this forum because anytime somebody is willing to share thier knowledge or experience we should be greatful. Everything we learn in life helps in every decession we make.

I am very thankful for everything people are willing to share here.

I "choose" inclusion instead of exile.
Nrobert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:29 PM   #26

[QUOTE=TomH;194184]This is not a general motorhome website. All you have to do is look at the name of the forum to see that. All this other stuff does is clog up and dilute useful information on Sportsmobiles.QUOTE]

I think your way off base. I think your trying to take on the role of either a site owner or mod, which I don't believe you are. We discuss a lot of stuff around here that's not directly sold by Sportsmobile and we all learn by it. This is a great group of folks who are always willing to help solve a problem, discuss new products, and a million other topics related to the hobby we all share which mostly is dominated by Sportsmobile, but includes many other vehicles of interest to the members. I've been active on several different forums and have quit a couple when things degraded to less plesant conversation. I'd suggest that if you find a post inappropriate you bring it to a mod's attention and let them deal with it as they see fit. Meanwhile, it's a free country, your free to move to the next post that interests you and to ignore those that don't. I'll probably never own a Tiger, but I enjoy learning about them and perhaps learning something I can apply to my van. Thanks to all for contributing interesting information to a great forum.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:33 PM   #27

I'm just here to meet chics.
blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by blair View Post
I'm just here to meet chics.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:58 AM   #29

I think the word Sportsmobile has entered the general vernacular for a poptop, 4wd camper van, much the way Kleenex is used interchangably with a tissue. Some folks like TomH love to correct you and say "that's a tissue not a Kleenex".

Let TomH pretend to be forum cop if he wants to. We don't have to respond to him any more than he doesn't have to click on a thread he feels is inappropriate.
Poptopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:14 PM   #30

[QUOTE=rallypanam;194195]

Wow, look at all them cat toys running around!
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote