Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2014, 01:17 PM   #11

Re: Too good to be true or perhaps perfect for the budget bu

Yep, just have to find cheap enough transport to San Francisco or Los Angeles If anyone has transport connections I would love to speak to them. I seem to remember someone on the forum is in the transport or trucking business.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:53 PM   #12

If you end up with it I'd like to see the PH removal and subsequent installation. And lend a hand ..

Ray
my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:36 PM   #13

Well, it was nice to dream. Had I been closer than 2,000 miles, I would have jumped on this.

Van sold to first person to see it. Details from conversation w/owner: Original owner, 187k miles. Used it a lot for camping, many trips before gutting SMB interior 4-5 (?) years ago for cargo use Trans is slipping/lurching occasionally, otherwise runs okay. Lots of ignition system replaced by Ford dealer trying address the lurching, but to no resolution, then diagnosed as tranny. Swivel seat bases on both front seats, table between seats, some old paneling is all that is left of SMB inside. All SMB gear was removed a number of years ago and sold to a person who was converting their van at the time. Van then was used for cargo. Windows were fixed except for two sliders. Pop Top canvas/vinyl in good shape except for small hole which is patchable. Bed platform is there. PT Windows - ??? sounded like may have some minor issues. Has propane door and drop in aux battery box for two batteries located just behind rear axle, but no propane system or aux battery. 35 gal stock tank.

If anyone hears of another PT available for swap, I am interested. Also interested in installing an Aux Battery system.

And thank you for the offers of help and advice, brought a great dimension to thinking about doing something like
this.

Ray
Old 01-20-2014, 01:29 PM   #14
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

I just stumbled onto this post looking for suggested pricing on my SMB pop top. I may be upgrading to a CCV top. It may work out that I try to trade or leave it at Derek's shop in Loveland, CO for him to install on another rig.
Ray, if you are still interested, or anyone else, get in touch. $$?? I will start a new thread on this in the classifieds when I finalize things, headed up there this fri.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote