Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2016, 12:55 PM   #1

6.0 PSD Amsoil System oil change interval

I bought a 2006 6.0 PSD SMB about a year ago. It has the Amsoil dual filter system and I have changed the oil and filters once so far. From the information I got from SMB and what I've read that Amsoil recommends, it says to change the oil every 15,000 miles or 1 year. It's been less than that on both counts since the oil was changed but reading many posts in this forum I'm a little nervous. It seems that many people change theirs every 7500 or even 5000 miles. I thought one of the benefits of the amsoil dual filter system is that you don't have to change it so often. What interval do most people use to change their oil for the 6.0 PSD with the Amsoil setup?

Thanks and hope I don't open a huge can of worms with this one.

Ed

eruddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 01:48 PM   #2

I changed mine every 7500 miles using full synthetic oil, not AMSOIL.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:56 PM   #3
Site Team

Garage
Yep, I always change at 5-7000 or close to that and I change both filters even though they say the bypass can go every other change. I use Amsoil but think any synthetic does fine if you change it on a regular basis. Some have issue with this guy and he does change his views from time to time, so take it for what its worth. For instance he supports Archoil and in other videos suggests twin oil filter systems. I just know what has worked for me in the past and have tried to do Blackstone lab tests every 30K miles. I had an injector go early on and the lab test caught it but because it was under warranty I had to drive it until it failed. After that failure I started to use cetane booster. No issues since and I'm close to 100K. YMMV

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote