Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2016, 05:48 PM   #391

Out with the old Dana 60 limited slip (well, not really old...it's only 3 years old with 23k miles)

In with the new Sterling 10.5...

Freshly rebuilt by Ujoint, ARB air locker, 4.10s, welded axle tubes...

Been making a ton of progress on all the little things on the list. I may have the body down for good by end of this week and then attempt to start the engine sometime next week. Nothing in this final stretch has been easy. I've had to re-route some A/C lines, relocate the ABS module because the intercooler tube wants to be in that same space, re-make brake lines, etc..., etc... I've got most of that sorted out so with the body down I can quickly make some intercooler tubes, an intake tube and air cleaner box, fit the radiator up against the shroud, then trim the body so the massive intercooler can fit up close to the radiator. It's 10lbs of $**t in a 5lbs bag for sure. No show stoppers though!

mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:14 PM   #392

Garage
Man that looks good, I also love how you used the forklift to move an axle that has wheels on it.

It sounds like a solid amount of work, and I know it is cause every time I talk to you your working on it. It's gonna be awesome when you come pick me up so we can go get marionberry milkshakes!

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:04 PM   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
Man that looks good, I also love how you used the forklift to move an axle that has wheels on it.

It sounds like a solid amount of work, and I know it is cause every time I talk to you your working on it. It's gonna be awesome when you come pick me up so we can go get marionberry milkshakes!
I lifted the axle with the forklift to take the wheels off.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:51 PM   #394

Garage
You know what they say, work harder not smarter... or wait...

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 05:35 PM   #395

Garage
Wonderful progress MG. Excited that you can crank it soon. ;-)
Old 10-01-2016, 01:39 PM   #396

Lookin good!
ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:10 PM   #397

Circuit test #1 successful. Got the bare bones circuits powered up and tested. Starter relay and fuel pump are now live in the fuse panel. Just a few connections to go before I try to crank it over. I have the ECM mounted and ready for prime time but my many hours of bench tuning with nothing hooked up has created a pile of DTCs that need to be cleared out. Have to have everything plugged in before I can clear the codes and see what surprises I'm left with, if any. Sooooooo close!
Old 10-06-2016, 09:04 PM   #398

Well if you need any help, I got a wiring book in the mail today.

Best of luck with all of it.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 06:41 PM   #399

I wasn't attempting to actually start the engine today but the goal was to hit the starter switch to see if it would crank. It did crank over. This is somewhat exciting for me because it proved a bunch of assumptions I had about the Chrysler wiring scheme to be correct but I could never find a definitive answer on beforehand....so that's good. The second thing is that I don't have any new DTCs as a result of cranking it over so what I've done to this point is proving to be correct. I do however have some DTCs that won't clear and I believe them to be related to the...um..."relocated emissions devices"... It's a short list of faults, should be able to clear them after a phone call to the tuner.

I'm certain I was too juiced to have the hook ups right but the fuel pump circuit was having a low voltage situation. Low as in zero. Most likely due to my quick and dirty wiring on my spare Battery Junction Box. Something to track down tomorrow along with setting up two different data buses to capture data during cranking.

I'm not calling it a complete victory yet but we're close.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:26 PM   #400

I'm just gonna leave this right here...