Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2018, 11:05 PM   #1

Any experience with 6.0 diesel “bulletproofing” by Bill Hewitt / powerstrokehelp.com?

I have spent many hours watching Bill Hewitt’s videos on the Ford 6.0 L Diesel engine issues and his Powerstrokehelp.com “Bulletproofing” / “Dealerproofing” program to make it run and last as a diesel should. Has any SMB van owner had personal experience with having the process done by his shop? I am considering planning a fall trip to the Southeast and swinging through Atlanta to visit old friends,.. strategizing about leaving my SMB with him for a week to get a full “Dealerproofing” service, if it is feasible,... but I’ve left several phone messages and email messages over the past several months without any response. I’m wondering if maybe he doesn’t really want to work on vans?

'06 Ford 6.0 PSD E350 4x4 RB50 Customized SMB w/penthouse, Aluminess Bumpers & roof playpen. All Diesel & Electric: Espar Hydronic Heat, Wallas Catalytic Hot Plate Stove, VitriFrigo 12v Fridge, Dieselsite & Amsoil Filtration,.. and my other RV is a BMW R1200GS.
AKSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:25 AM   #2

IMO, those vids are a sales pitch and they suck. Any decent diesel mechanic can do the basic bulletproofing on a 6.0. One that is willing to work on a van that is. Lots of authorized bulletproof installers including one in Anchorage: BulletProofDiesel - Darn-Near Bullet Proof Diesel Products for your 6.0 and 6.4
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 01:03 AM   #3

I spoke with that guy on the phone one time and he recommended a product for my motor and a short amount of time after that I had to replace the motor. I wouldn't go to him, trust him or recommend him.
I'm not sure if Chris at U joint will take care of bulletproofing anymore but it's worth a phone call since you're going to be in the neighborhood.
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:19 AM   #4

In terms of DIY videos for the 6.0 this guy is (was) legit. DieselTechRon - Watch Helpful DIY Ford Video Tutorials
Old 03-29-2018, 03:20 PM   #5

Thanks Joe and Rob,.. I’ll check into the Anchorage outfit. I also have family in central California, what about “Devil Mountain Diesel”, I’ve heard a few good comments about them. Rob, please tell me the “product” you referred to that was recommended by Bill Hewitt wasn’t the ”Archoil” fuel and oil additives,... I just started using them? Thanks. Walter
'06 Ford 6.0 PSD E350 4x4 RB50 Customized SMB w/penthouse, Aluminess Bumpers & roof playpen. All Diesel & Electric: Espar Hydronic Heat, Wallas Catalytic Hot Plate Stove, VitriFrigo 12v Fridge, Dieselsite & Amsoil Filtration,.. and my other RV is a BMW R1200GS.
AKSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSeeker View Post
Thanks Joe and Rob,.. I’ll check into the Anchorage outfit. I also have family in central California, what about “Devil Mountain Diesel”, I’ve heard a few good comments about them.
Check out Left Coast Diesel in Livermore, CA
They aren't the cheapest, but have a good reputation, do a lot of 6.0 work, and aren't afraid of vans
Old 03-30-2018, 07:03 AM   #7

It was the archoil. I followed the treatment plan and very shortly after that I way way more smoke and then a replacement motor.
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:10 AM   #8

I've used Archoil, both the fuel and oil versions. Didn't notice much difference. I think most of that stuff is mostly snake oil but it might help if you have stiction issues with your injectors. Otherwise, they do nothing for mileage. IMO. Rev-X is the other one that get's all the hype. Maybe they work for some. Obviously not for Bbasso but suspect there were some other issues going on.

As far as a fuel additive I do like Optilube. Engine does seem to run a bit smoother.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:03 PM   #9

I use Archoil and it makes a huge difference with my stiction issue. Especially when ambient temps are colder.

I've used Left Coast Diesel several times. Meh. They will work on the vans, but they aren't very thorough and have twice cost me return visits and significant $ through missing simple things when putting the van back together.
Yovan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6.0 diesel, bill hewitt, bulletproofing, dealerproofing, powerstrokehelp.com