Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2018, 04:40 PM   #11

Garage
I can’t see any info about how many live things you can monitor while you drive with the blue driver. Can anyone post a pic of the live screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-17-2018, 10:19 PM   #12

My research led me to the Scanner Answers site where I read reviews on several different dongles. What I found is that iPhone and iPad connectors use WiFi to connect to Apple products. This is required due to Apple’s implementation of BlueTooth. Android can use either connection method. Their product reviews are dated 2018.

Based on the above and your help I dered the Veepeak OBDCheck Pro WiFi OBD2 Scanner $28.00.

Then went to the App Store and got OBD Fusion to go with it. With 2,700 ratings with an average of 4.7 out of 5 it seemed like the one to get.

Will post a follow up review next week.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:49 PM   #13

Garage
I have done extensive research on this. So much, it would be difficult with limited keyboard skills to advise. Basically, there are cheap Chinese clones, and have limited use for a monitoring device. Here is the Wiki on it. Make sure to scroll down to "Pirate Clones".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELM327

I run Torque Pro, with a Chinese knock off. It doesn't give me access to features my van has in the limited dash display. I'm saving up for the real deal.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:52 PM   #14

I am a Mac / IOS guy, and our newish accord recently went nuts when the battery went dead.

threw all sorts of error codes, and was not driveable.

I was told by my trusted mechanic that I needed a code reader to reset the throttle code. They did it at their shop. $68.

do any of these devises read and reset these error codes? There was nothing wrong with the car other than the error code that needed a code reader to reset it.

I'm Mac / IOS.

thanks

john
LosAngeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:52 PM   #15

One feature I've wanted someone to invent is a device that will simulate, without actually driving, the ridicules drive cycle it takes to get rid of the P1000 "EGR drive cycle not met" code. I pretty much always have that code displayed as I never seem to drive the required pattern to satisfy it.

- Eric
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:30 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngeles View Post

do any of these devises read and reset these error codes? There was nothing wrong with the car other than the error code that needed a code reader to reset it.
The Blue Driver does, see the link in my post above
Old 06-19-2018, 07:19 AM   #17

Garage
Any ELM device should do it, but it also needs software to do it. Torque Pro does.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:51 AM   #18

I have relied on ScanTool.Net for my OBD2 devices. You will pay more, but they come with better support, documentation, security and power savings modes.

This is a comparison to their offerings.

-Greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:25 AM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalf77 View Post
I have relied on ScanTool.Net for my OBD2 devices. You will pay more, but they come with better support, documentation, security and power savings modes.

-Greg

Greg, how good of a job does this do with regards to factory specific codes? Things like ScanGuage are good for high level codes, but don't necessarily go deep into the underbelly of OBD codes.

Also, do you have their optional Scan Master software? Best as I can tell, it maybe goes deeper into the trouble codes, and it looks like it offers data logging capability.

Herb
Old 06-19-2018, 10:56 AM   #20

Herb,
The software that they supply is limited to the basic functions, I have not used the ScanMaster software, so I can not speak to it. My posting was directed at their hardware more than software.

I use ScanXL Professional version with the Ford enhanced diagnostic package from Palmer Performance Engineering

To be honest it does far more than my needs, especially for my 2004 E-350.

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote