Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2015, 09:48 PM   #21

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
Re: Bulletproof Problem

Could you just install a gas motor? JK!

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:55 PM   #22

I did consider years ago to place a Cummins. Glad I did not go that route-$$$. After reading about the 6.4 and 6.7 PSD and their issues, especially catastrophic failure and how common they are I am actually glad to know the 6.0 and own one. The problems are known and issues have been addressed both by Ford and aftermarket industry.
Ketcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:02 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBUNCH
This is most of my list. Some things have questions marks so I have yet to decide on those. Anything big that I am missing?
• Coolant
• Oil filters
• Oil rail plugs
• Gaskets
• HPOC
• Rear Seal
• Front & Rear Crank Seals
• Machine Heads
• ARP Head Studs
• Clean Intake
• EGR Delete
• FICM?
• Radiator?
• Turbo – updates drain tube and fill line / clean turbo / new wheel ?
• Stand Pipes & plugs
• FICM?
• Coolant filter
• Water Pump?
• SCT Tuner with 50hp tow tune

I am glad I live on the inexpensive coast.....parts for above =$3500 labor $3000 machine work on heads $1000
hogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 04:02 PM   #24

[QUOTE=Ketcham;154917]I just went through this process and suggest:

Regulated fuel return and fuel pressure monitor. I lost my fuel pump and blew 3 of 5 injectors.,….
Sinister Diesel has a kit, as they do for the regulated fuel return....both are compatible to E series.

!!!!!!!! NOT !!!!!!!

Based upon this post, I wasted $850 on the Sinister Diesel Regulated Fuel Return Kit and it is NOT compatible with the 6.0L PowerStroke Diesel 2006 Van engine!
The bolt pattern and orientation of the unit is different in the van engine from that of the F250 / F350 pickup truck engine. As of 2023 at least, no manufacturer of these kits is offering the correct C&C plate with the symmetrical 4-bolt pattern.
'06 Ford 6.0 PSD E350 4x4 RB50 Customized SMB w/penthouse, Aluminess Bumpers & roof playpen. All Diesel & Electric: Espar Hydronic Heat, Wallas Catalytic Hot Plate Stove, VitriFrigo 12v Fridge, Dieselsite & Amsoil Filtration,.. and my other RV is a BMW R1200GS.
AKSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 06:06 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSeeker View Post
!!!!!!!! NOT !!!!!!!

Based upon this post, I wasted $850 on the Sinister Diesel Regulated Fuel Return Kit and it is NOT compatible with the 6.0L PowerStroke Diesel 2006 Van engine!
The bolt pattern and orientation of the unit is different in the van engine from that of the F250 / F350 pickup truck engine. As of 2023 at least, no manufacturer of these kits is offering the correct C&C plate with the symmetrical 4-bolt pattern.
Well, not for nothing, but that post was almost 8 years ago.. They may well have had a kit for the van back then.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote