Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #1

Can a e350 5.4 be supercharged?

Hey guys,

I know anything is possible but would a 99-04 SVT Supercharger from an f150 fit into a van? Would be pretty cool if it could. My 4x4 rv is very heavy and could benefit from more power, I wonder if this is an option. My gas mileage now is about 8mpg, makes me wonder if supercharged would be any better or worse? The extra 100 foot pounds of torque would be nice.

What do you think?

Jim

2006 e350 Quigley 21' C Class RV

capnjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #2

Re: Can a e350 5.4 be supercharged?

Just check the extra height required for the 'charger. I suspect it will fit. The superchargers I've seen all took up extra space in the valley, and were not taller.

You might have to switch to hyrdoboost brakes, if you need more space for the drive belt.

Whipple used to make a V10 supercharger, and some of those went into vans. They don't make that model anymore though.

Superchargers are parasitic though, so they generally reduce efficiency.

If you also want better efficiency, you may want to go with a turbo instead. STS sells a bolt-on F150 kit. Should work fine on the vans too. Most F150 5.4L exhausts also work on the vans.

http://ststurbo.com/
Old 05-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #3

Re: Can a e350 5.4 be supercharged?

The Lighting supercharger will not fit. The throttlebody curves over the top and will not fit in our engine bay. I am thinking about doing this to my van using a Kenne Bell kit that has the throttlebody wrapping around the drivers side like stock meaning it is no taller. A Paxton kit that front mounts might work and as the mounts for that should be the same for 4.6 and 5.4 it should be easier to come by.