Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
That ended up being a lot more work than expected, but what else is new, right? :-)
Glad you had a good outcome, heck I wasn't even aware of those connectors, now I think I'll add a couple to my spare parts stash in the van. As for everything ending up being more work that anticipated, for me it pretty much always turns out that way. Any easy project is just one broken bolt away from multiple trips to the auto parts or hardware store. I just had an expected two hour front brake pad replacement turn into a three day ordeal requiring all new rotors, calipers, pads, grease seals and a bearing re-pack.

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:01 PM   #22
Orv

Garage
My horror story is a rear bearing replacement on a Honda Civic that turned into an ordeal that took a week's worth of evenings to finish. The inner bearing race was seized to the spindle so tightly that grooving it and using a chisel only chipped off pieces; then all the suspension bolts were seized...in the end we cut out the rear knuckle with a Sawzall and put in a junkyard one, along with new bolts ordered from the Honda dealership. The car was from Minnesota so the entire undercarriage was rusted up good.
Orv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 10:14 PM   #23
PEM

Thank you for the information about the heater core. I will check it out.
PEM 2000 EB50 5.4 V-8 89,000 miles
PEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 08:47 AM   #24

BrianW -- got any part numbers by chance -- for the diff size quick connectors -- where bought/supplier ? Thanks --
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 09:40 AM   #25

Coolant leaking from passenger side?

Original thread is from 2018 so sorry no part numbers [emoji3] But I got it from Napa as mentioned earlier
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 05:23 AM   #26
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevan2 View Post
BrianW -- got any part numbers by chance -- for the diff size quick connectors -- where bought/supplier ? Thanks --
Here's the Dorman page showing the different configurations and attending part numbers: https://www.dormanproducts.com/gsear...%2520Connector

I hope that's useful.

Its not a bad idea having a triage kit of sorts with these fittings, some clamps and a bit of appropriate hose as well. Its rare to blow a heater hose and yet its never a bad idea having spare parts on hand.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote