Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2016, 09:40 AM   #1

Garage
HPOP leak on my 7.3... what else should I do while I'm in there?

I recently sprung a fairly substantial leak and I've tracked it down to the HPOP... I didn't get a good enough look to determine exactly what part on it is leaking, but I purchased the complete O-ring set from dieselorings.com and the HPOP gasket and a handful of other goodies. I plan to replace as many O-rings and seals as possible while I'm in there, but is there anything else I should look at doing at the same time?

I also purchased the threaded adapter so that I can add a fuel pressure gauge off the fuel bowl and I will do all the o-rings on the fuel bowl then too.

But are there any worthwhile mods to do at the same time? I already have the international up-pipe kit.

Thanks!

ert01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:44 AM   #2

Garage
apparently there is a fitting on the bottom of the turbo that is prone to leak as well. i had all the others replaced a few months ago hoping it would cease my constant puddle. negative. now im getting a bellows kit installed and that o-ring under the turbo replaced soon. my icp sensor was also leaking, but not sure it was much of the cause for my leaks.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:55 AM   #3

I to dread the day I will have to do this...

I would look in a fuel pressure regulator which not only gives you adjustment but also distributes equal fuel pressure to the heads w/o dead heading the pressure to the #8 cylinder. I have an oil drip that is probably coming from the turbo (i hope) so i plan on fixing those o-rings and intake boots as well. here is the link --> 7.3L Diesel Fuel Rail Crossoverâ„¢ (FRx) 99-03 Powerstroke

Good luck!
djbonsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:16 PM   #4

Garage
I made another order today... my todo list looks like this:

-Replace as many O-rings as possible (HPOP and Fuel Bowl) using dieselorings.com combo pack
-Clean out fuel bowl
-Clean EBPV sensor and tube
-Install adapter and Schrader test valve onto fuel bowl
-Install HPX line
-Install Riffraff FRx line
-AIH delete
-Riffraff High Flow CVD fitting set
-Install RPD Plenum Reinforcements and T-Clamps
-Put it all back together and hope I fixed the oil leak that started this whole rabbit trail of upgrades... Hahaha
ert01 is offline   Reply With Quote