Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #1

MIssing Pieces

I just spent a little time under the hood after my last service (end of December) for a problem with the FICM that killed our vacation. To my surprise, the people working on the van must've wondered what some of the extra pieces were when they were done. Of course they didn't worry about it too much. Luckily it appears to be just bolts and caps. I will be calling them on Monday morning to hopefully get the replacement parts mailed to me.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #2

Re: MIssing Pieces

Wow, I don't know how to tell you this, but both your trans dipstick and engine oil filler cap are upside down!

Good luck getting a mechanic to own up to the missing caps.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #3

Every time I take my Sportsmobile to the local dealer, I carefully check over they're work. There always seems to be something wrong.

AT
SMoaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #4
Site Team

Bummer. Is that from Vreeland Ford in Buellton? That's disappointing.

Herb
Old 01-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #5

Herp, I plan on driving through Lompoc from San Diego around Feb, 11, 2012. Care to meet and greet?
BillPa1
BillPa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
Bummer. Is that from Vreeland Ford in Buellton? That's disappointing.

Herb
Herb, you are correct. I will be contacting them on Monday. I'm now more curious to see how they handle the situation. To me that is an even better sign of the service department. I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh yea Mike, I've fixed the transmission and oil caps, thanks so much for noticing that. Who knows what kind of problems that would've caused . Your post scared me at first as I quickly read it, then it made both my wife and I laugh.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #7

Quick update. The two missing caps are for the AC. I talked to our service rep at Vreeland Ford (John) who has been excellent the entire time I've dealt with them. He claims that they had no reason to remove any of those pieces during my service there in which they reprogrammed the FICM. I have a feeling that he is correct and that it happened at my local dealership in San Diego and I just did not notice until now. I explained as much to him. However, he is still going to get those parts and mail them to me. So, I have nothing but excellent things to say about Jim Vreeland Ford in Buellton.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPa1
Herp, I plan on driving through Lompoc from San Diego around Feb, 11, 2012. Care to meet and greet?
BillPa1
Give me a shout as it gets closer to that time, and we'll see if we can't work something out. I rarely know my schedule that far in advance.

Herb