Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2019, 04:16 PM   #1

Need Help w/ Bullet Proofing Process

Hi. Am the original owner of an '08 E-350 6.0 Sportsmobile. Has a Salem-Kroger 4x4 conversion. Stock motor, serviced at appropriate intervals at Ford dealer. At 75k miles, 100 miles from home, it starts knocking loudly, loosing power and sending up lots of blue/grey smoke.

Want to get it "bullet-proofed as part of the repair. After reading lots on line, I thought a B-P remote oil cooler, remote filter mount, new B-P EGR cooler and B-P water pump would give me a good, reliable motor. Talked to B-P in Mesa today (by phone) and was told since I had 4 WD, the remote oil cooler and remote oil cooler could NOT be installed. What are other E-350 owners doing to "bullet-proof" their engines?

Thanks

Jack in Bonita

jvsontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 04:46 PM   #2

Garage
Shuttlepilot has a great "sticky" under Engines & Drivetrains - this should steer you in the right direction. Otherwise, do a search and you'll uncover all kinds of Threads
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ing-25269.html

***Depending on what how extensive you decide to go, I would certainly suggest taking advantage of updating other "stuff" while they are performing the Engine work - take advantage of the access they'll have (belts, Hoses, maybe update to aluminum radiator & replace degas bottle, thermostat, etc). It all costs $'s, but in the long run its cheaper when you bundle.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:12 PM   #3

Knocking/blue-smoke/losing power.... Your motor probably needs a full rebuild, not just a bulletproofing. What's been done for diagnostics?