Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2015, 06:21 PM   #11

Re: Regulated Fuel Return E350 6.0

Z - can you pm me regarding tubing lengths, issues, where you even mounted the reg, etc? Tearing out everything late this week and will be worked on next week.

Ketcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 02:37 PM   #12

Somebody please help! 6.0L Regulated Fuel mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketcham View Post
Z - can you pm me regarding tubing lengths, issues, where you even mounted the reg, etc? Tearing out everything late this week and will be worked on next week.
Apologies for bumping this old thread, but a decision has to be made early this week! My mechanic is ready to put my newly “Bulletproofed” 2006 6.0L diesel engine back into my Sportsmobile Ford E350 Super Duty van but the Sinister Diesel Regulated Fuel Return Kit that I spent $850 on apparently does not have the correct bolt pattern for the E350 van engines, and is designed only for the F250 and F350 Super Duty pickup truck 6.0L Diesel engines. Does anybody know of a proper regulated fuel system kit for the van engine?,.. or a modification that will work for the Sinister Diesel kit?,.. or am I going to have to settle for a “blue spring” kit and a wasted $1K? Please help if you can,.. none of the old “links” work anymore.
'06 Ford 6.0 PSD E350 4x4 RB50 Customized SMB w/penthouse, Aluminess Bumpers & roof playpen. All Diesel & Electric: Espar Hydronic Heat, Wallas Catalytic Hot Plate Stove, VitriFrigo 12v Fridge, Dieselsite & Amsoil Filtration,.. and my other RV is a BMW R1200GS.
AKSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 04:04 PM   #13

AKSeeker, didn't member desertsherpa mention they made a regulated return on their mind bottling built 6.0 van that's for sale? Maybe hit them up and report back?

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...tor-31254.html

Eric
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 05:07 PM   #14

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSeeker View Post
My mechanic is ready to put my newly “Bulletproofed” 2006 6.0L diesel engine back into my Sportsmobile Ford E350 Super Duty van...
With the Engine already out, are you taking advantage of all the access you currently have to address other components which may require replacement because of age? It will cost 2-3 times as much if you have to deal with them later. I'm referring to items like:

Replacing the Brake vacuum pump (they don't have a flattering history to begin with)
Belt tensioner
Hoses (as many as possible)
Alternator if its currently noy a high amp unit.
Engine Wire harness (especially because people are finding it difficult to acquire)
AND, since its a 6.0, I would seriously consider upgrading to the Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator and low temp thermostat (they will help control your temp)
A larger aftermarket Trans cooler (several threads on this - helps control heat issues)
The Degas bottle
May consider (since many have experienced issues) replacing the heater core
This list can continue...all governed by available fund$ (like A/C compressor & Inter-cooler)

Just thought I would throw it out there
Old 02-13-2023, 02:17 PM   #15

Thanks ShuttlePilot and Twoentrix, I have PM’d Ketchum and Zeta last week with no answer (maybe they’re no longer active?) and I sent a PM to Desertsherpa also per your suggestion.
I haven’t had any luck finding a company making the correct “symmetrical” bolt pattern “plate” for the 2006 E350 SuperDuty Van 6.0L PowerStroke diesel engine,.. all of the kits have the “asymmetrical bolt pattern” for the F250 / F350 SuperDuty pickup 6.0L engines.
I’m running out of “shop time”,.. somebody please help!
'06 Ford 6.0 PSD E350 4x4 RB50 Customized SMB w/penthouse, Aluminess Bumpers & roof playpen. All Diesel & Electric: Espar Hydronic Heat, Wallas Catalytic Hot Plate Stove, VitriFrigo 12v Fridge, Dieselsite & Amsoil Filtration,.. and my other RV is a BMW R1200GS.
Old 02-14-2023, 04:31 PM   #16

Followup on the Regulated Fuel Return issue: As of 2023 at least, no manufacturer is offering the correct C&C plate with symmetrical 4-Bolt pattern to fit the 6.0L E350 Van diesel engine,.. they only have the asymmetrical bolt pattern plate designed for the F250 / F350 pickup truck engine. I wasted $850 on the Sinister Diesel kit to find this out, and then checked Driven Diesel, XDP, Smeding, Full Force, Dale’s Super Store, Thoroughbred, and MDC Diesel without any luck, so beware!
Desertsherpa was kind enough to share the parts list and info on how he fabricated his own Regulated Fuel Return setup on his ‘ultimate build’ van, but this option was beyond the willingness and shop time constraints of my mechanic. So the ‘almost Bulletproofed’ engine is going back into the van with the Ford “Blue Spring” mod instead of the regulated fuel system. Apparently there isn’t enough demand for anyone to make the proper “plate” for the van engines,.. I may have MDC Diesel make me a 1-Of C&C part if they are willing and it’s not too costly,. then have it on hand for the next time the engine has to be pulled,.. like for replacing the injectors that I was hoping to protect with a Regulated Fuel Return system.
Old 02-14-2023, 04:54 PM   #17

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...1&d=1676418591

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...1&d=1676418591
Attached Thumbnails
08CA776F-66E3-452B-9D8C-DB1EDF89A5B5.jpg   E6CB4E26-540E-4D75-A9B3-6673D53BF28B.jpg  
Old 05-03-2023, 10:44 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSeeker View Post
Desertsherpa was kind enough to share the parts list and info on how he fabricated his own Regulated Fuel Return setup on his ‘ultimate build’ van, but this option was beyond the willingness and shop time constraints of my mechanic.
Akseeker, would you mind forwarding this on? Either posting on here or PMing me
Sasha_greyvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 03:11 PM   #19

P.M. sent :-)
Old 05-03-2023, 08:19 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha_greyvan View Post
Akseeker, would you mind forwarding this on? Either posting on here or PMing me
AKSeeker, I swore I sent you a PM in February asking if you could forward that list of parts and info to me, but looking through my sent messages I don't think I ever messaged you. Would you mind copy and pasting me that info as well. I've been curious as to what a van specific regulated return would look like. Thank you for the effort.

- Eric
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote