Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2019, 06:36 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by r27d View Post
It's a 98. What do I need to do the new brakes? There's other advantages to picking up a complete 2008+ front suspension too?
Easiest route is just buying a complete new takeoff front axle from QuadVan or Quigley.

The '08+ setup has much larger brakes, is rated higher overall (5k vs 4600) and has a superior radius arm joint. And a better sway bar setup but you have to buy that separate from Ford because those get re-used in 4x4 setups. As a bonus, you're putting in new I-beam bushings and ball joints.

Old 06-14-2019, 11:50 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
I did this upgrade to my own 2003 E250 EB a few years ago:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...tos-11255.html

Any questions please ask---glad to share anything I can.
AWESOME! I'm so thankful for you guys and this community. I'm holding off on my brake job while I get my options sorted. I have stock 16" steel wheels now but I need new tires before winter too so maybe I should start looking for 17" wheels first? I'll call Quadvan and Quigley on Monday. I'm in MN right now so shipping a complete front end might be what I have to do although I've never been to PA and I have family to visit in Dayton, OH.
r27d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:53 AM   #13

16" factory wheels fit, as that is still the OEM wheel size even on new 2019's. Some aftermarket 16" alloy wheels will not fit the larger brakes.