Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2019, 02:41 PM   #51

Garage

Thanks

marret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 03:22 PM   #52
brp

I am probably going to be getting some new rear springs for my E350 Quigley this Spring.
I've gotten a few quotes for "good" springs that would allow me to remove my blocks.

I just wanted to share with the forum what I found with sdtrucksprings.com. They offer 8 different rear springs for my 2005 cutaway E350. These springs are not custom and I would keep my lift block, but prices range from about $100-$200 per spring, with no lead time, offering significant savings over other options.

Their site specifies spring dimensions and specifications (weight, arch, number of leaves). It seems like a viable option.

The link is for my specific application.

Just an FYI for those looking for springs.

https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index...824&x=131&y=14
brp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 05:58 PM   #53

I had good luck with ATS Springs here in the Philadelphia area. I didn’t go full custom like Deavers but did upgrade some from my stock 2WD E250 springs. Made a big difference. Cost was around $500 for both rears and hardware or so if I recall. http://www.autoandtrucksprings.com
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:18 PM   #54

After being delayed by a broken hydraulic ram, Alcan got my springs out the door only a day late. Alcans recommended installer charged me two hours, despite the fact it took longer. He's a super nice guy, did I mention he let me strip a really well equipped E350? For free? Yea, it's going well. The new front springs ride significantly better, and don't creak or crunk like the old ones. BUT, the ride height increased a bit more than I had hoped. As a result, I'm down by the stern, but I'll have to see how much it settles in a few thousand miles. Ultimately, I'll probably raise the rear a bit, or if I have to, I can remove a leaf in the front. I need new brake lines too, at full droop there way too tight, along with my slip yoke which now has less engagement. I'll have to pull the front driveshaft to see how much I really have.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:44 PM   #55

Garage
artictraveller,
Really intrigued by your custom spring install & the positive comments you've had about that outfit - process exemplifies old fashioned PERSONAL customer service experience many of us miss this day and age. look forward to your update in "a couple thousand miles" since I'm contemplating replacing all 4 and prefer a true custom application.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:29 PM   #56

Give Bill a call just to discuss your goals, and to learn what's possible. It's a pretty good chance anywhere else you call will be unable or unwilling to do a custom design for you, at least that was my experience. There are shops like Dever that will but be ready to wait, and pay a lot more.here is today's bill and build sheet. $780.00 out the door with all the hardware.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Advanced 4wd
Old 03-25-2019, 05:12 PM   #57

Deaver, Atlas, or Weldtec designs can get you hooked up
Adventurezoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 12:31 AM   #58

Sound like overall that is a great deal and a nicely made product. We do offer custom springs for the rear of vans and typically our lead time is 2-4 weeks depending on weight and configuration.
However i will be the first to say at that price @arctictraveller its a great deal. Our springs usually run in the $1200 price range and go up with your weight.
Please let us know if we can help in the future.
https://weldtecdesigns.com/product/e...-leaf-springs/
WeldTecDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 11:45 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeldTecDesigns View Post
Sound like overall that is a great deal and a nicely made product. We do offer custom springs for the rear of vans and typically our lead time is 2-4 weeks depending on weight and configuration.
However i will be the first to say at that price @arctictraveller its a great deal. Our springs usually run in the $1200 price range and go up with your weight.
Please let us know if we can help in the future.
https://weldtecdesigns.com/product/e...-leaf-springs/
One big advantage in going with Jeremy's springs is that he has extensive experience with vans, in designing proper spring rates and understanding how they interact with all the other suspension componants. With Alcan, I pretty much had to spend a lot of time explaining what I wanted and going back and forth on the design. In the end, the front ended up a bit higher than I want, but until I put on several thousand more miles I won't know how much more it will settle.
Advanced 4wd
Old 04-29-2019, 09:08 AM   #60

Hey guys,

I'm looking to replace my 08 quigley E350 rear leaf springs. The driver side spring has a crack in one of the leafs and since that needs to be fixed and they're 11 years old at this point I figured it's time to get both replaced with new hardware.

I was also looking at the Agile Offroad RIP kit, but it seems like that kit is designed to improve the OEM stock leaf springs, I guess if I'm already going to be replacing the leaf springs I can just do the front part of the RIP kit and not worry about the RIP add-a-leaf portion of the kit right?

@arcticTraveler - you have the RIP kit as well, but you still replaced the rear leafs with custom springs from Alcansprings - is that correct? did you keep any of the stuff from the RIP kit on the rear or just use their front suspension upgrade?

Any other thoughts or recommendations appreciated.

Thanks!