Old 09-22-2015, 10:15 PM   #201
Site Team

Garage
Re: Warning to 6.0 PSD Owners with Amsoil System

Mikes on point. I ran mine for quite some time and did have an injector issue but can't say that the filter and/or routing issue was the problem. I did have an EGR problem at the time. Tests after I had them change to the correct oil line routing were all good and when my engine was bullet proofed at 90K the shop said it looked like a new engine. I take it you're now using the Donaldson P553411.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:17 PM   #202

Re: Warning to 6.0 PSD Owners with Amsoil System

Thanks Dave (& Mike), I had a good talk with Amsoil Jim and he assurred me that the "backwards filtering" of the past 25,000 miles is unlikely to have caused any engine damage,.. Filters still supposedly functioning, just backwards. I was having trouble getting the Donaldson 553411 filter, so I am currently using a Wix 51411 instead (recommended by Amsoil Jim as equivalent), along with a new Amsoil EaBP-100 bypass filter, both changed when I swapped the hoses. I'm waiting for the results of the Blackstone oil test, but Amsoil Jim thinks that my Amsoil DME oil change with 4000 miles on it is probably still fine.
As far as the CEL issue and sporatic flashing overdrive "Off" light that I was experiencing, an Innova 3100 OBD-II code reader says "No Powertrain DTC's or Freeze Frame Data is presently stored in the vehicle's computer" ??, and the CEL has disappeared? I expect that it may return next time I make a long drive. I read that the flashing overdrive "Off" light on the shift lever is indicative of a transmission problem?, but I'm still thinking that it might have been sticking vanes in the turbo since there seemed to be lower power when starting up from a stop.

'06 Ford 6.0 PSD E350 4x4 RB50 Customized SMB w/penthouse, Aluminess Bumpers & roof playpen. All Diesel & Electric: Espar Hydronic Heat, Wallas Catalytic Hot Plate Stove, VitriFrigo 12v Fridge, Dieselsite & Amsoil Filtration,.. and my other RV is a BMW R1200GS.
AKSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote