Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2017, 01:39 PM   #1

4x4&top are done! now to the interior

CCV just finished with a top , some windows, & espar gaser heater. Really happy with there work. I asked this same question a few weeks ago. Zero response. So trying again. Van came with an E-track in the interior. It's been suggested that this makes panel wall install a lot easier for DIY. My concern is loss of real estate since the etrack bars stick out about 3 inches, also the space between the insulation, and wall. I just finsished insulation today using 3m thinsulate. Can heat or moisture get trapped between the insulation and wall? So trying to decide on ripping out the Etrack or using it as frame work for the walls. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
20170822_130314.jpg   20170822_130334.jpg  

keytothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:44 PM   #2

Garage
I would just use what you have, looks like the thinsulate is taking up whatever you would gain by removing them.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:46 PM   #3

That looks great! I never saw your first question on insulation. It looks like you've done a great job with the Thinsulate. Do you want to keep the E-track? If so I would leave it and attach wall panels to the ribs above and below it. It not just yank the E-track and mount your paneling directly to the ribs for solid walls. You want a little air space between insulation and walls. Moisture should not get there. It can but it shouldn't.

If your floor plan requires every possible inch of space side to side, say for a lateral bed or something, then you may want to rip out the whole works and mount wall panels directly to the van's inner structure. Me, I'd mount to that structure that's already there.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:20 PM   #4

I'd lose the track.. no real advantage to it behind walls, and it does take up space.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:57 PM   #5

Thanks guys! I guess I might need to clarify. Definitely taking the tracks out. But possibly using the ribs of it for the frame for the walls. Or as Rally i think suggesteb attaching the panels straight to the van wall. Thats my delima for now, I'm sure there will be many more! Some more pics after insulation.
Attached Thumbnails
20170822_135520.jpg   20170822_135511.jpg   20170822_135500.jpg  
keytothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:01 PM   #6

Garage
Great looking van!

Ribs in front of window is a deal breaker for me. Maybe leave ribs for good anchors where you're mounting cabinets and remove where mounting points won't be needed. Then just affix paneling directly to van structure.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:09 PM   #7

The van has ribs, you can use those to attach walls.. no need or advantage in using the track ribs that I can think of.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote