Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #11

Re: Airbag light and seat plug wires...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiggs
I had this problem turned out i yanked the wires out reconnected and problem solved
Yeah, I got my connector back together but the airbag light on the dash won't go out. If I disconnect the starter battery for 10 minutes (per the post above) will I damage my inverter or anything else?

8850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:22 PM   #12

Re: Airbag light and seat plug wires...

Disconnecting the battery won't hurt a thing. There is a write up in your owners manual on what to do when you do it. It's mostly about driving it around afterwards to have your transmission relearn your driving habits. It really is optional, but speeds up the process. If you have the diesel, you'll also get a bunch of black smoke from the exhaust for the first few minutes till the engine relearns some stuff too.

Go ahead and disconnect and see if it will help with the light.

2007 RB50, 6.0
K1WGB
scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:06 PM   #13

My husband swung the swivel seat around the wrong way and pulled the wire from the connector on our last trip. Glad I found this thread. It looks like I just need to unplug my starter battery, plug the wire back in to the connector, wait 10 minutes and plug the starter battery back in? Easy peasy, I'll try it this afternoon and see how I fare.
ExitFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExitFetish View Post
My husband swung the swivel seat around the wrong way and pulled the wire from the connector on our last trip. Glad I found this thread. It looks like I just need to unplug my starter battery, plug the wire back in to the connector, wait 10 minutes and plug the starter battery back in? Easy peasy, I'll try it this afternoon and see how I fare.
Glad you brought up this old thread. Looks to be a common issue. My passenger airbag light has been on the past two years, ever since accidentally pulling apart the connectors while turning the seat around. Reconnecting them didn't make the light go away. Dealer said 'high resistance' is the problem, offered to sell me a new connector, ~ $160 parts and labor. The contacts are not damaged and the contact engagement is solid. Took a pass on that. I did the battery disconnect as described here, didn't change anything. My concern is whether the airbag light means the airbag is disabled. Or if it's a benign error code which has to be cleared. Dealer said the airbag won't work; I'm not sure I believe that. By the way, can't clear it by means of either Scangauge II or SCT Livewire TS. Annoying that a simple disconnect produces this permanent error message that can't be eliminated without significant expense.

How did it work out for you, ExitFetish?
Jack K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:23 AM   #15

Garage
My wife did this with our passenger seat too. I tried to repair it and reset the light but it didn’t work. Then when investigating in better light I discovered I had one of the leads in the wrong position in the plug. Made sure when I reassembled it that the leads where in the proper position, reset with scanner, and the light went out. Reiterated with the mrs that the seat always swivels towards the doghouse and we haven’t had a repeat
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:01 AM   #16

What kind of scanner do you have?
Old 08-10-2018, 08:50 AM   #17

Garage
i work at a local college auto repair program and we have quite a few at our disposal and unfortunately, i dont recall. i repaired it back in february and i cant remember which one i used, sorry
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:09 AM   #18

That's ok shenrie. Sounds like you used something equivalent to what the dealer repair shops have - beyond anything I would have at my disposal. Cheers!
Old 10-31-2018, 06:44 PM   #19

Driver seat belt pre-tensioner connector-does anyone know where this goes to? mine is just under driver seat not connected and there is no other connector around. Could some one follow where their driver seatbelt latch wire runs to? i am trying to trace mine and connect it. Could it be in the b-pillar?
caortizemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by caortizemail View Post
Driver seat belt pre-tensioner connector-does anyone know where this goes to? mine is just under driver seat not connected and there is no other connector around. Could some one follow where their driver seatbelt latch wire runs to? i am trying to trace mine and connect it. Could it be in the b-pillar?
I would recommend starting a new thread......but.....

Did you put seats from a different van in your van or something? If it was there before it would be there now. Not all years have them.

Tell us what year van you have, what year seats you have and I'll bet we can tell you. I've done this a couple times.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote