Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2011, 03:08 AM   #1

Bathroom Options in an EB?

What are everyone's opinion on having a full bath in a EB for long periods of time on the road? Is it worth the sacrifice of space? Are all you SMB owners able to find places to shower without getting a hotel or renting a campground pretty readily? I'm looking at getting something like pictured below. Its made by front line manufacturing and has a cassette toilet in it.

http://rvtravel.com/blog/rvnow/2007_11_01_archive.html

SovereignCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:00 AM   #2

Re: Bathroom Options in an EB?

Maybe it depends on where you are camping but we have been able to shower just about anytime we want. We have an onboard hot water system (6 gallons, enough for 3 Navy showers) and an outside shower wand. We also carry a popup tent to use with the outside shower system and a "shower in a box" from SMB for inside showers when we are camping in the snow. There are also showers available at backwoods resorts, etc. (We camps a lot on the east side of the Sierras and found a list of showers for rent online...rock climbers put together the list.)

When we boondock, we simply shower outside...no need to bother with the popup tent. In campgrounds without showers available (typical for state parks in California) and FS campgrounds, we use the tent. If there is a resort nearby with showers for rent, we tend we use them since it is slightly easier...
Old 07-13-2011, 10:07 AM   #3

Garage

That looks very similar to the bathroom setup that I had in my Coleman tent trailer. The toilet was a Thetford cassette model. Maybe Thetford makes it?
Old 07-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #4

Previous thread:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5190

The Green TARDIS
LenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #5
Site Team

Garage

Yep, I think it’s a personal choice. I thought I would end up using my rear outdoor shower more often but that’s not the case. I don’t even haul my portable head anymore either. But having a shower is sure nice when out for long periods of time or after a physical workout. I pretty much do the same as Jack posted. For me, an inside setup would take up too much space as compared to using the wand type outside. With a different model such as a voyager it might be different. Look at this one. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7172

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #6

Looks like a pop-up trailer model (low sidewalls). I think they take advantage of the width of the trailer as well, which would eat a lot of van floor. But it's just speculation, maybe you should swing by the local RV dealers and "shop" trailers.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:57 AM   #7

Have you considered the Recessed Floor Shower or the Porta Shower? Scroll to bottom of page @ this link:

http://www.sportsmobile.com/1_baths.html

Both have been called the shower in a pan. The first plugs into a floor drain and leads to gray water tank. The second has a pan that just fills, though one person placed a 1.5" teak shower mat inside and a hose with pump that pumps the used water to the sink. You can use a retractable hose from the sink for the shower, or warm up some water on the stove, pour it into a solar shower bag, and suspend that above the curtain.

I believe there are a couple more pictures of these devices on this forum.
TomH is offline   Reply With Quote