Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #11

Re: Cab Privacy Window Covers

Aha! So that is the SMB $148 cab window cover. Yes that is what I wanted to see & now I'm sure I will try the Refectix - or the foil covered jute - much cleaner & potentially better blocking if I can get it cut & installed right. Jage, thank you for that and so much more you have done for all of us newbies here on the Forum. There is nothing like this site or these people anywhere.

Rudimentary DIY Camper
ScotFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:38 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotFree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadcat
I think I posted this elsewhere, but I cut my own from foil-backed jute, edges reinforced with aluminum tape. They pop in nicely.

I don't like ones where you have to go outside to put them in.

I have these for all of my windows, including the rear porthole. Some velcro on the rear ones. Total cost for all windows was about 20 bucks and an hour of my time.
Nomadcat, the side windows look GREAT! But where the heck can I find foil-backed jute? Also, do you have a better pic of the windshield cover - looks like it's folding in & not perfectly blocking light & vision like the side ones. More detail please.

The windshield is actually not mine - it's from Sun Shade or a company that sounds like that.

You can find the jute at J.C. Whitney or Second Skin Audio, although the former will be much cheaper.

p
Old 03-04-2011, 11:10 AM   #13

I was given a "Wing Shade, Vehicle Sunshade, by 'Auto-Shade', tm."
-- Since it was a gift, I don't know it's cost. (it fits nicely all around the inside of the cab front of my 2003 Chev Custom 3500 class B That sportsmobile built, and then I can put up on snaps the velour curtain that S/M made for this same vehicle.)
Gizmo043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:55 PM   #14

I found this great product for cab curtain.....

spurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #15

I'd like to ditto the recommendation for Reflectix. It's cheap, simple and effective. I was camping at Bryce Canyon early last May and the night times temps were going down to the high 20s. We have no propane hence no continuous heat and I only sleep with a sheet and a medium blanket. It usually got a little chilly by about 0430. I would plug in our little ceramic cube for about 30-45 minutes and we were good for the rest of the morning.
oldbernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:29 PM   #16

My front SMB Fabric curtain was free... I didn't order it back on 2004 build but the shop made one out of habit and apparently once the snaps are in it is more trouble than it is worth to fit it to another vehicle. Maybe they do the van snaps first and then the curtain. Anyway I find it very useful and am glad I have it. I fold it up and it fits perfectly in the side door pocket. I use Reflectix on the side windows.
Pat
2004 SMB 4x4 RB 6.0 PSD; ARP Head Studs, Gen 3 Cylinder Heads, BPD Oil Cooler connected to AMSOil Bypass, a whistling Wicked Wheel Turbo, Coolant Filter, Upgraded alternator, ScanGauge, SCT custom and SMB Fox shocks.
BFG 285/75 R16 KM3 Mud Terrains on ProComp 7069's
PatO is offline   Reply With Quote