Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2019, 11:23 PM   #1

Captain chairs for 1993 e250 SMB update

I’ve got a trusty 1993 SMB that I’m updating. I’d like to switch out the captain chairs in front and have been thinking about replacing them with Sienna recliners. Ive spoken with expovan and their mounts are only good for 1997 and later e250 econolines. Anyone have any experience with mounting Sienna captain chairs with pre 1997 e250’s. Thanks.
Doug

djhorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 11:56 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhorner View Post
I’ve got a trusty 1993 SMB that I’m updating. I’d like to switch out the captain chairs in front and have been thinking about replacing them with Sienna recliners. Ive spoken with expovan and their mounts are only good for 1997 and later e250 econolines. Anyone have any experience with mounting Sienna captain chairs with pre 1997 e250’s. Thanks.
Doug
will the sienna seats work for driver/passenger? all the ones I have seen are in the rear and look too low/relaxed for the main seats.... if I missed something would love to hear about it as I am looking at the same replacement but was going to go with Corbeau for driver/passenger ... still deciding on 3rd and 4th captains chairs (considering the sienna's)
renegadeoverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:44 AM   #3

My van is a '92 and I am intrigued by the Sienna "recliner" seats as well, so also interested. Be warned, I still have a bit of sticker-shock looking on eBay for used ones, but I'm sure there are cheaper sources than eBay with some leg-work.

In another thread for a swivel group buy I asked what the differences are between the earlier van and later vans (swivels are designed for the later ones), but didn't get a response.

There are other sources for swivels and I suspect with some measuring, cutting and welding, fabbing up adapters shouldn't be too hard. I suspect that's what I'll end up doing.
IanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:49 AM   #4

I suspect I’ll be doing some welding as well. I’m also looking for other options for seats so I’ll check out Corbeau. Either of you know of other options besides shop4seats and eBay? Thanks.
djhorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 10:47 AM   #5

Base-fab (the spin-off of expo van) can source the sienna seats, they quoted me "about $1200 for a pair plus shipping depending on where you are" which I didnt think was all that bad considering what you get for that.

That said I was referencing the rear seats. I thought that was the only option for those since base-fab/expo van sells the Scheel-Mann for driver/passenger and the sienna for the rear. I am still interested to know if anyone has used them for driver/passenger as well
renegadeoverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhorner View Post
Doug
I am interested in your seats if they are Blue. My 1993 sportsmobile i just picked up is missing its passenger seat and the drivers has seen better days. If i cant find a set of seats im going to have to replace mine as well. Being my interior is blue i am not sure what to go with.
cruiser812 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
captains chairs