Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2017, 07:56 PM   #11

Thanks for the tips 1der. I am gonna take a look at the tank some more. I know Jake put an NPT drain plug in the bottom rear corner. It looks like 1/4 or 3/8. I don't want to mess with that for a fuel pickup as if something were to happen, the tank is drained. Might be another one on top so I will take a look around.

Mostly just looking for the easy safe way to hook this thing up. It was a pretty simple decision to get the B4 over the B1LC. A couple more inches in length and a hundred or so bucks and I have a furnace that can crank up the van pretty quick. Almost double the output I think. I don't plan on winter camping, but never say never.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:06 AM   #12

Garage
As Scotty said, I am going with diesel for my rig. This is because I wanted the combination stove and heater provided by the Wallas Nordic DT. I have a perfect amount of space between my passenger side cabinets and the rear door to slip in a 2.5 gallon Rotopax, so that is where my fuel supply will be. Eventually, when I install a bumper and a rear box, I'll move the Rotopax to the front face of the box.

That said, I think a single fuel solution is da bomb. If I could have accomplished my ends with a benzene-burning unit, I would have done it in a heartbeat.

Please post pics of your fuel pickup solution. I'd love to see what you end up doing.
Ready to Rumble!
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:55 AM   #13

Flux - Here is a shot of the top of our first tank Jake made. I just realized I never took a picture of the second tank before we installed it. The first tank was a little bit too large and hung down more than I wanted.

The pic shows the opening for the fuel sending unit and the two aux feeds.
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0094.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	15885

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0095.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	15886
Old 04-26-2017, 08:49 AM   #14

Dangit. Should have them put a pickup in when they did the tank. Life would be a whole lot easier with plug and play. I guess I wasn't thinking too clearly at the time.