Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #11

Re: fresh water system assistance

"regarding the water heater....the plan is to turn it on to heat the water in the tank about 20 mins before i need it. then turn off power. so, that should take care of any excessive cycling...will water always being in the tank be an issue? to drain it in case i need to change the anode or other maintenance or failure, where should i locate a drain valve? on the hot water out side?"

No, water standing in the tank should not be a problem for the heater but my concern would be that if water did sit in the heater for a while things might begin to grow and maybe some funky tastes to develop. So if the heater is not separated from the rest of the system by a valve or cannot be drained for storage you could contaminate the entire supply. I don't think the position of the drain matters that much as long as it's above the back flow preventer and you can drain the heater completely for long periods of storage.

witoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #12

Re: fresh water system assistance

roger. no funky water allowed. its going to look like h.r. geiger did my build lol

sometimes i think it would be easier to create a fusion power source lol