Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2018, 10:43 AM   #1

Have you installed a larger under counter fridge?

We are getting ready to start our build at SMB Austin. I posted this question under the general Sprinter thread with my build info but did not get any responses specific to the fridge so I am posting here.

We are considering the Vitrifrigo C130RBD4:
Vitrifrigo C130RBD4-F-1 (Old # C130LAC) 4.7 CU FT AC/DC Refrigerator with External Comp
It has 4.7 cu ft of space including .6 cu ft of freezer space.

It will be able to still fit under our galley counter however, since we will also have a single induction cooktop, the counter will have to be raised an extra 2” reducing some of our view out the side window behind the counter. Probably worth it to us for the extra fridge space.

I would appreciate hearing real world experiences from individuals that have installed larger than standard fridges UNDER the galley counter and what your experience has been with particular manufacturers. Also to see if anyone that has mounted the remote compressor.

akfiredude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:42 AM   #2

I would say it depends on a lot of things like the average time you will be away from amenities such as gas stations and grocery stores and how many people you will have in the vehicle normally. I have the same size fridge and can probably hold a weeks worth of food for two people, which is more than I need. If you go with a smaller fridge, a smaller RTIC/Yeti cooler for soda and beer can easily give you another couple of days storage in the fridge. Congrats on the new rig! I'm sure others will chime in with more info soon.
RingTheAlarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:51 PM   #3

RingTheAlarm, thanks for the reply. Yes, we've considered all of ours needs as best we can so the larger fridge is in the plan, just the manufacturer is uncertain.

The Isotherm Cruise 130 has the ASU technology and paired with the Smart Energy Controller makes it an attractive option regarding energy consumption (important to us for planning on being off the grid quite a bit). It's the tiny freezer that we really don't care for. The Isotherm's freezer is 6 liters vs the Vitrifigo at 17 liters. We typically take frozen items with us on our longer trips and it allows us to be in the back country longer.
Could you clarify what size and type of fridge you have installed?
akfiredude is offline   Reply With Quote