Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2018, 03:59 PM   #1

How to unfold couch

So, I know I'm just missing the obvious, but I can't get the couch to lay out in my newly purchased 1997 E250 Sportsmobile penthouse camper. The bottom cushion won't come all the way out (we're trying to get access to the secondary battery under the couch), and I can't figure out how to make the back unfold. I've pulled and pushed and cussed the little latch thingie-ma-bobs but they won't budge.

We bought the van used a couple of weeks ago and are working to get all of the little pieces and parts to work before we take off for parts unknown. I'm pretty handy if someone shows me how but my husband isn't, so unless there's a YouTube video out there, I can get lost pretty quickly.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Sarah

Sa Sa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 06:05 PM   #2

If your's is a 50 layout (the rear couch runs side to side rather than along one wall front to back) the rear bed panel behind the couch might be pushed too far forward which keeps the couch back from laying all the way down. If so it should slide back towards the rear door some and make room for the couch back to lay flat. If not - a picture might help explain your situation.

Joe
2003 EB30 - Sold
bigriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
couch instructions, newbie, secondary battery