Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2017, 10:46 AM   #11

Since LastBlackE350 was asking about size:
(Again, sorry about rotations. This site does something weird)

32 3/8" tall
24" deep
44" wide (with extension up)

9" from the crew seat
Attached Thumbnails
E8EB4E5C-861C-49CC-B768-DBB6359BF947.jpg   04143494-D2D9-4D6A-B012-8893C1CD5F14.jpg   51760264-40D9-4A36-A1F1-E37950D959F6.jpg   3B3D0C38-6EAD-467F-8639-14908C6465C0.jpg  

Pritikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:32 AM   #12

Garage
Thanks for the replies.

30" is standard bathroom vanity height although I went 36" for my master bath remodel.

Fantastic pics and measurements Pritikin, L-track is how I planned to secure the cabinet as well. Like you, it's probably going to be in place 99% of the time.

I've had middle and front row seats out for a while but keeping the van multipurpose is important.
Early September I put both benches and belts back in for my buddies sons 13th birthday party. I had ten 12/13yo boys in the van for a paintball party out in Bremerton. Everyone wanted to ride in the Quigley

Cabinet needs to host a top loading fridge on a slider and have room for two containers for fresh and grey water and maybe even propane. Stove is low on the list since we always cook outside but would be nice to have. This single burner / sink combo is my top choice so far.

https://www.amazon.com/Caravan-Campe.../dp/B01GBRJHEK

Been filling my head with lots of instagram vanbuild / vanconversion pics and there's some really great ideas out there.
LastBlackE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBlackE350 View Post
Thanks for the replies.
single burner / sink combo is my top choice so far.
This stuff is all subjective but I went through a few sinks in my old van and will probably replace the faucet in this one as well. So I'm qualified to be subjective

We opted for the open bar sink that is NOT combined with a stove. Thinking:
*it maximizes counter space when not using stove (most of the time)
*we end up using the sink a LOT MORE when we don't have to "unfold" it first
*its handy to put things into the sink when driving (we sometimes treat it as a fruit bowl during road trips, or quick place to put anything that was left out on the counter)
*when using galley as a ladder to climb into the pop-top there is no glass top to breaking
* i've had built in stoves break and its a lot harder to replace them if they're built in.
* fold-up shelf really helps make it bigger when needed. I'll probably add one on the right side eventually (stupid sprinter seats are hard to move so we skipped)

(I expect to look for a faucet that extends out over the sink more. Or has a flexible hose. These are minor and I decided not to hold things up for this. I'll find one I like eventually.)
Old 11-16-2017, 03:42 PM   #14

Garage
Thanks Pritikin, your help on this is appreciated.

An always available sink and extra counter space makes good sense.

The stainless 15"x15" below should do the trick. Was thinking about a hand pump fawcett to start with but I'll probably do the ShurFlo below. Hot water is low on the list for now...

https://www.amazon.com/Moen-Gauge-Si...dp/B00D82R8WU/

https://www.amazon.com/Shurflo-2088-...dp/B00C1M6B1C/
Old 11-16-2017, 05:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBlackE350 View Post
Was thinking about a hand pump fawcett
I thought I was going to do that too and was thinking of these foot pumps:
https://www.amazon.com/Gusher-Galley...SHFVPQJ77GFJPW

But they require space for the foot pump itself. Where the shurflo can fit in the galley tucked back by the sink (above the fridge) in an area that would otherwise be wasted. Shrug.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:06 AM   #16

Nice work on the galley.

FYI, there are a few places in England that will ship to U.S. on Ebay, and many that won't. I got the same Dometic sink/stove (hob ) recently for much less than that Amazon price.

I'm using the Shurflo fold down faucet and German made in-tank pump that GoWesty sells, the setup for a Westfalia Vanagon. It works great, is virtually silent and cheap. Cold water only though, which is fine for this build for me. I'm using a 7 gallon Aquatainer for a fresh water tank.

Can you tell me about that butcher block top? It's exactly what I'm looking for. Where did you get it? I'm not having much luck locally.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:26 AM   #17

The counter tops were sourced through CCV and I don't know their source.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:40 AM   #18

Garage
Link me up Scotty!

Is this the gowesty pump you're using?
Pump, H2O inside tank (submersible) | GoWesty

And fold down faucet? (not Fawcett like I typed below )
Complete Faucet Upgrade Kit | GoWesty

Lots of butcher block style counter tops on eBay right now, Home Depot has em and so does Lumber Liquidators.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:59 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post

Can you tell me about that butcher block top? It's exactly what I'm looking for. Where did you get it? I'm not having much luck locally.
I know where you can buy butcher block tops in East Knoxville.
I will send you a PM
Old 11-18-2017, 09:52 AM   #20

Garage
I'm thinking about adding an electric pump to my Scepter jug. I've got some questions about those posted above.

For the submersible pump, does it rattle around inside the jug on rough roads? Especially if the jug is empty?

For the shurflo pump, does it prime itself OK? Usually they would be pulling from the bottom of a tank.