Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2018, 07:31 PM   #1

Interior compatibility for a 2002 E350

Hello all, long time lurker with his first question lol.
I have a 2002 Ford E350 super duty 15 passenger van that was some what camperized on the cheap.....it looks awful. My plan is to remove the cabinets and convert it back to a passenger van/ work van/ adventurer van. I will be needing all th3 parts from seatbelts, seats, window mouldings, switches, roof liner etc etc. Does anyone know what year of E350 van would be compatible with a 2002 other than a 2002?
Tia

Texel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:42 PM   #2

Pretty much everything is interchangeable from 1992 to 2007. Door panels might look different but they should interchange. They updated the outside of the van in 2008 but they didn't get an updated interior until 2009. Even then some '09-'14 vans have interchangeable interior parts like seats I believe.
BeastGTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:09 PM   #3

Yep ^^ What color is your interior? If it's gray you'll have the best luck. If it's tan then give up now, sell the van and buy one that has what you need. I'm NOT kidding.
You need to scour the pick n pull salvage yards and hope to find one that has just hit the yard. This is your best bet for finding all the plastic. Seatbelts will be easy, they are rarely removed. All the rest of the trim will be harder to find. The front seats and console will be nearly impossible to find in decent shape, or really at all.

There's another way to find what you need. Go to Car-Part.com and do an advanced search for an E350 interior part (any specific part you need) in about your year. Set your results to closest from your zip code. With luck you will come upon some results which picture the whole van and this will give you an idea of what's there. Take lots of tools and torx bits (especially torx bits) to this yard and negotiate basically the whole interior out of it. It will most likely be a white club wagon/passenger van with a gray interior, which is why I was hoping yours was gray. You will pay for this but this method is the most convenient. If you get lucky you'll find a yard that will let you take in your tools and pull everything you want yourself. Much more $$$ if they do the pulling, and it will have broken clips and greasy fingerprints all over everything, especially the seats and headliner. Parts pullers at yards are the grubbiest people I've seen.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:46 AM   #4
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Yep ^^ What color is your interior? If it's gray you'll have the best luck. If it's tan then give up now, sell the van and buy one that has what you need. I'm NOT kidding.
Pretty sound advice really, not a bit over-stated. 2002 was an odd year as the interiors were going through changes which made some parts mostly incompatible with vans just a few years older or newer.

If this chassis is worth the effort you could build out an interior similar in lay out and construction as the original Club Wagons---this wouldn't be impossible but would be challenging depending mostly on how this camperized conversion was accomplished.

But back to Scotty's advice---its well worth considering if the Club Wagon/people hauler configuration is the real end goal.

We know this isn't a direct answer to your question but it does address your goals, at least as far as I read into your question.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:32 AM   #5

Take Torx and Torx2 bits.....buy a set of each...you'll need them.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:48 AM   #6
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
Take Torx and Torx2 bits.....buy a set of each...you'll need them.
Along with a plethora of panel lifting tools like this kit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-PC-PRO-St...UAAOxyzGlQ6KBd These have been very useful since I've owned them---much cheaper these days than when first new on the market.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Along with a plethora of panel lifting tools like this kit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-PC-PRO-St...UAAOxyzGlQ6KBd These have been very useful since I've owned them---much cheaper these days than when first new on the market.

Yes, great point..I have a set of plastic tools like that...extremely useful and inexpensive.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 04:37 AM   #8
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
Yes, great point..I have a set of plastic tools like that...extremely useful and inexpensive.
I also have a set of the plastic tools---VERY handy as well in some instances.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:43 AM   #9

Stick with '97+. Prior to that, front seatbelts anchored behind the B-pillar because they weren't adjustable. 1997 moved them into the B-pillar. This changed the headliner slightly, and the B-pillar plastic a lot. The driver side pillar plastic extends beyond the 2nd row of seats.

Also, don't forget to check out conversion vans. They'll have nice trim options like pull-down window shades on the door.

Beware Econolines have become much more rare in salvage yards. Values bottomed out a couple years ago, and now that they are climbing, many more folks are opting to fix up non-wrecked vans that would have been sold for scrap previously.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:57 AM   #10

I have two complete sets of EB passenger interior panels (one '12, one '13). $100 each... But fair warning, shipping is rough because of the size.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote