Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2016, 06:44 AM   #31

And from a different angle:

Old 04-22-2016, 09:03 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rltilley View Post
I just picked up a Jetboil stove. It just came in so I'll test it out over the weekend. It just fits in the door galley on my RB50 van. The stove folds & rests inside the large pot. Think I'll be keeping a rag of some sort in there to protect the pot. It comes with a 5 liter pot along with a 10" fry pan & a lid. Runs off of propane. I have also ordered a satellite burner that will attach to it to be used for coffee. This is likely overpriced but it wasn't bad after the dividend. Just hope it lasts me a while.

This is the stove I got:

Jetboil | Genesis Base Camp System | Complete cooking solution in one easy to carry travel bag

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm interested in hearing more about these stoves. My SMB doesnt have a built-in cooking system, and I'm exploring for the best option, including possibly an installation in the counter top. Ideally, I'd like to have a stove that doesn't require set-up and take-down to between use and travel, but it's hard to find something economical. I was thinking about one of these, Wallas | XC Duo | XC Duo | Easy and warm camper travelling, but $$$$!!!
Old 04-24-2016, 02:22 PM   #33

I tested out the Jetboil stove referenced above today and it worked great. I boiled 2 liters of water in the large pot on one of the main burners and it boiled in about 7 minutes on high. I boiled 1 liter of water in the cup on the auxiliary burner on high and that took about 4 minutes. The whole thing is about 3 feet long & 1 foot wide with the auxiliary burner attached. The cup came with a coffee press plunger so you can make coffee in the cup that way if you want.

Here are some pictures of it set up. More photos in higher resolution can be seen here:

https://roberttilley.smugmug.com/Jet...tove/i-9krGRDp

Old 09-14-2016, 06:08 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVerhulst View Post
I'm interested in hearing more about these stoves. My SMB doesnt have a built-in cooking system, and I'm exploring for the best option, including possibly an installation in the counter top. Ideally, I'd like to have a stove that doesn't require set-up and take-down to between use and travel, but it's hard to find something economical. I was thinking about one of these, Wallas | XC Duo | XC Duo | Easy and warm camper travelling, but $$$$!!!
We just purchased the wallas for our build. yes pricy, but its justifiable (maybe ) when you consider what diesel heater and diesel cooktop are separately. Propane sucks. single fuel is awesome. Being a heater, the stove will always be hot and ready to cook in winter. In summer, we dont want to cook inside anyway, so are planning on a simple butane burner. We had a cheapy $30 unit awhile back, it worked, but the quality wasnt good. Always wondered in there was a nice version. The Iwatane is super nice looking!
expeditionnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:42 PM   #35

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rltilley View Post
I tested out the Jetboil stove referenced above today and it worked great. I boiled 2 liters of water in the large pot on one of the main burners and it boiled in about 7 minutes on high. I boiled 1 liter of water in the cup on the auxiliary burner on high and that took about 4 minutes. The whole thing is about 3 feet long & 1 foot wide with the auxiliary burner attached. The cup came with a coffee press plunger so you can make coffee in the cup that way if you want.

Here are some pictures of it set up. More photos in higher resolution can be seen here:

https://roberttilley.smugmug.com/Jet...tove/i-9krGRDp

This is awesome! I was debating on getting one of these and now I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do it.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:31 PM   #36

I've had the original jetboil for a few years now and it's my favorite piece of gear. small enough to carry in a small pack and it boils water faster than any stove I've ever used.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:17 PM   #37

We're still happy with the Jetboil Genesis after a few months of use. No issues so far. I ordered a hose so I can hook up to a larger propane tank. Just need to figure out what size I want to get. This will get me away from the disposable propane bottles.

I like the satellite burner enough that I just picked up a Jetboil MiniMo for backpacking/bike touring. I'll keep my MSR Dragonfly but the MiniMo may get more use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2016, 05:02 PM   #38

Thanks for the post looking at butane stoves for simple cheap system. Anyone tried using one of these cheap windscreens with it? Not sure which one would work better. Seems like 33" would wrap pretty well around the stove.

9.5" tall by 33" long
https://www.amazon.com/OuterEQ-Light...dp/B00V65XZIM/

5.25" tall by 25" long
https://www.amazon.com/OuterEQ-Light...dp/B00V65XZIM/
Old 09-24-2016, 12:44 PM   #39

boywonder, what are the grill area dimensions? Wondering how many burgers or if a large chunk of meat will fit (I'm thinking a london broil or tri-tip). Looks like they have a new model out and it only gives overall dimensions. TIA

Michael
michaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 12:02 PM   #40

We've used two of these Iwatani for years with great results, in mild weather. Lightweight inexpensive and powerful. But... lately doing more cold weather camping we've discovered they (or at least ours) don't work below about 40 degrees, even at sea level. Tried storing 'em in the heated van at night with no improvement. The burner output diminishes to a tiny "simmer" output. This has me thinking a partner stove may be a better 4 season solution for us.
glasspack is offline   Reply With Quote