Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2010, 04:41 PM   #11

Re: Norcold refrigerator

No problems here either. Except when it freezes our food from being too cold.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost
winvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:37 PM   #12

Nope, no connection between Engle and Norcold. Norcold fridges use a standard compressor. Engle fridges use a much more reliable compressor system with only one moving part. Standard compressors don't last very long when being bounced around!
RickL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:07 AM   #13

Can those of you with an Engle tell me what size you have, how many people you general travel with and how long that will last you? I'm traveling with my wife and 2 children and think I need a fairly large model, but would love any guidance.

My van currently has an old Norcold installed, and it keeps thinks cold if I put everything in cold, but if I start with warm soda, etc. it takes forever to cool down. Also, it is loud enough that it makes me want to turn it off at night.

Thanks
Old 04-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #14

I have an Edgestar 63qt, I wouldn't go any smaller than that for a trip where you are cooking. As it is, I'll still carry a normal cooler as well.

I built a slider for it in the rear, so it doesn't take up much room and I can pack stuff ontop of it.

SheepShagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #15

For those that had a NorCold, and now have Engle, is the Engle quieter than the NorCold? I have the Norcold that came with the 2004 Sportsmobile and it is still running fine. My only complaint is the noise at night. It's not outrageously loud, I'm just a very light sleeper. Thanks.
oclv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:29 AM   #16

It's a very common RV fridge. Nothing special, but what you get when you SMB without insisting on an alternative. The 3cf has a freezer space with no door, and the 4cf has a true freezer with door.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=norcold