Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #11

Re: Removing Old-School Dinette Column?

They look to me almost like you're supposed to slide some other clip on it to secure it... It's a strange design.

The column definitely doesn't turn or pull at all. I feel like I'm rocking and weakening the base and making the table more wobbly as I work on it. :/

Quercus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:55 PM   #12

That's the same as mine, my old ones anyway. The clip is missing, meaning there is nothing holding it in there except rust or it's just jammed. My van had two flanges in it, one with a clip, one missing when I got it. The clip is a pain anyway and that's why I suspect most are missing. As you can see the post stays in there just fine. I would soak it in WD-40 or the like and just wiggle it every day or so. If you take the whole flange out your problem will not be solved. It is sealed from the weather on the bottom, meaning you will have better leverage to get the post out while it's still mounted in the van as it is now. It's also cheap, light metal so it probably won't take much abuse before breaking.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:48 AM   #13

thanks.

I knew it had to be some kind of clip. Oh well. WD40 it is,I guess! I know it evaporates mostly, but I wanted to avoid spraying smelly stuff...
Old 06-01-2014, 11:56 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quercus
thanks.

I knew it had to be some kind of clip. Oh well. WD40 it is,I guess! I know it evaporates mostly, but I wanted to avoid spraying smelly stuff...
Got it out. Thanks again.