Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2019, 03:16 PM   #11

Reupholstered seating...questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post

I’m actually emailing with Jer @ Base-fab... I’m kinda scared to see what the Scheel Mann seats are going to cost... looks like around 3k

After reading this thread I looked at eBay and there’s new seats from 2018 vans they are pulling...
here’s the passenger... cheap
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0544.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	27216

Ron_Nunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 04:34 PM   #12

Yup..new style... It's a little tough to tell what trim level the seat covers are from the small picture...

Good price....
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:01 AM   #13

Garage
Been think about these seats also. Curious if they look as good in person
snowgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:33 AM   #14

Garage
great info in this thread. thanks everyone!

jwa, got any pix of the decor auto cordura seat covers installed? how are they holding up? they are defiantly priced fair and love that you can add map pockets.

my 03 seats are getting pretty haggard, but still very comfortable. something I didn't expect when I first picked up the van. while the newer style seats look much sportier, they also look considerably firmer. anyone have input on if the newer eseries seats are as cushy and comfortable as the earlier style seats like in my 03?
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 02:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
...while the newer style seats look much sportier, they also look considerably firmer. anyone have input on if the newer eseries seats are as cushy and comfortable as the earlier style seats like in my 03?
My buddy with an '03 van doesn't like the seats in my '12. However I like mine better than his. I would not call the '12 seats firm, but they are firmer than the '03's. But then they have 9 years newer foam. Or it may be his 180 lbs to my 260 lbs... Not much help I know. I've always thought all Fords have plush seats compared to Chevy seats, which I've owned many more of.

Only thing I've thought my '12 seats lacked was a little better lumbar support, which I'll be fixing as soon as next week.

With that being said, first impressions are not always accurate. I remember swapping the seats in my Vanagon for the very popular Stow-n-Go Seats out of a Dodge MiniVan. At first I was happy with them, but after a couple of trips I put the stock seats back in. You sat ON the Stow-n-Go seats, but you sat IN the Vanagon seats. Another unused part just languishing in my garage.

2012 Chevrolet Express 3500 6.0
shadetreevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:32 PM   #16

Garage
^^^ that's a lot of help actually. thanks for your input!

ive been on the lookout for a set for a while. would like to upgrade the seats and the door panels with the newer style, but our pick and pulls don't stock anything within 10 years of the current year, so they are just starting to filter into the yards. haven't been johnny on the spot with my trips to the yards lately though. its camping season

is the mounting different between new and old? would I need the bases should I find a set?
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:36 PM   #17

Quote:
is the mounting different between new and old? would I need the bases should I find a set?
We both used swivel mounts from 1der, so I'm going to say they mount the same.

2012 Chevrolet Express 3500 6.0
shadetreevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:18 AM   #18
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
great info in this thread. thanks everyone!

jwa, got any pix of the decor auto cordura seat covers installed? how are they holding up? they are defiantly priced fair and love that you can add map pockets.
I don't sad to say Shenrie. The ones I've purchased are awaiting installation on a new-to-me E350 currently undergoing another engine install (under warranty) and a close-to-final build-out of the interior. This would be just about the last thing I'd install.

Sorry but I do talk AutoDecor and Sue (proprietor) up quite a bit here and yet can't show anything. I can say photos on her site are quite accurate and not the least bit embellished or "trick photography" used.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:34 AM   #19

Quote:

Bases, seatbelt buckle/pyro, etc exactly the same..plug and play......

Some bases are sort of satin black and some are flatter black finish..slight difference....
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote