Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2017, 11:53 AM   #11
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
So these covers are actually custom fit to the shape of the seats? Generic fit seat covers are horrid IMO, but I've had good experiences with custom fit covers from Wet Okole.

I may take a chance with them. Unfortunately, it does look like their sale ended 20 Dec, though they haven't updated their individual webpages to reflect that.

Herb
The Wet Okole outfit does have a huge selection of colors and fabrics but that wasn't my biggest concern---authentic Dupont Cordura was, Decor Auto assured me that's what they use. Since I was looking only for the basic stuff they worked out well.

If you contact Sue via phone (she typically answers it herself ) she might accommodate you on the sale prices---mention you saw my reference here on SMB. Not sure that'll get you too much but worth a try.

These for the E-Series are indeed fitted to the stock seats, not the generic types we've all had at some point I'm sure.

The biggest improvement DecorAuto has over my version of the AutoWare brand (ca. 2008) is the lower cushion attachment straps. DC uses wide(r) straps with adjustable buckles, AutoWare had thin elastic straps held under the seat via small metal S hooks. They've never failed but were/are a huge PITA to reinstall after washing.

HTH

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:56 PM   #12
Site Team

Decor already responded to me. The Sale prices are good throughout the year, it just doesn't include a free seatbelt pad (which I don't want anyway).

Herb
Old 12-27-2017, 08:20 AM   #13
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Decor already responded to me. The Sale prices are good throughout the year, it just doesn't include a free seatbelt pad (which I don't want anyway).

Herb
I'm highly confident you'll like the product Herb. As we've said they are some what plain compared with other brands but are still top quality in my book.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:06 AM   #14

I also have the Wet Okole covers on our van, been extremely happy with them.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:42 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Been looking for a "reason" (excuse) to tout this outfit: https://decorauto.com/

Way back in '08 bought Cordura front stock seat covers with tradename Autoware--fantastic for the price, the original set still in use this very day. Purchased through a local van upfitter, less than $200 landed.

This past October a new-to-me E350 w/stock seats arrived, I'd be adding the Autoware brand once again however they were simply not to be found anywhere I looked. I opted for a set of Covercraft from AutoAnything in "ballistic nylon" that were simply horrible IMHO; stiff, shiny and slick as an icy sidewalk, just didn't seem to be durable at all. I was highly disappointed, returned them for a bit of a loss.

From there I contacted maybe 6 other seat cover makers looking for small samples before buying, trying to replicate the Autoware types. This too was an ordeal---I can't believe some of the BS I had to endure just to receive small samples of materials used. Most disappointing there was one outfit wanted to charge me but of course they'd send up to 6 samples. Knowing what I wanted didn't require any more than one swatch so immediately they were ruled out.

Several other makers simply refused to send samples telling me I could see their stuff online, could return items at my cost if they didn't suit me---NEXT!

Finally found the Autoware brand but their direct costs had escalated past my comfort level plus their shipping charges were simply insane. Even talking with one of the co-owners of Alan Graham Motoring didn't work to lower the overall cost to a "reasonable" amount. NEXT! (The biggest sticking issue was they insisted shipping in a large-footprint box as they thought that avoided wrinkling????? Not glass, simply flexible fabric that could be sent in much much smaller and less-expensive shipping boxes. Boo Hiss!)

Finally talked to owner Sue of DecorAuto and came away from that conversation feeling very, very comfortable with this outfit. She was accommodating in providing photos of their products including attachment straps which have become an item of interest. The Autoware brand used an effective system but DecorAuto's is better, again IMHO.

DecorAuto is a small shop, Sue knows others in the greater LA area, she claims seat cover makers are a relatively small community there so she knows her competition, not bashful about complimenting and gently criticizing others in the trade. I like honest commentary, none of that politically crap where everyone has their upsides.......

Placed the order, the covers arrived and are absolutely everything I wanted---not a thing to not like about them. Very well made from 1000 Denier real Dupont Cordura they fit literally like a glove, shipped free ($230) and arrived in good time. I've only test fitted them, no photos but AutoDecor is a worthy supplier for consideration---give them a call and I'm sure you'll be comfortable placing an order with them!

And NO I'm absolutely NOT affiliated with them at all---simply like helping a smaller shop become slightly bigger through their own hard work and attention to detail!
I'm looking to get some seat covers as well. We just acquired my Father In Law's 2013 Econoline Van. I checked www.decorauto.com but my wife found myseatcovers.com and she is in love with the hawaiian prints they have available. When you get a chance can you upload a picture of the seat covers on your ride? It looks like myseatcovers.com carries what Decor Auto does plus a few more designs.
MasterMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:38 AM   #16

Earlier in the thread there's a pic of the wet okole custom fit covers on my E-350 from two years ago right when I got 'em. Many trips and a few delicates cycle washings later they still look new. Hot sauce washes out. No sun fading either. Pretty great solution for those in Southern California who can get them fitted/fastened at their facility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
glasspack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:53 AM   #17
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMike View Post
I'm looking to get some seat covers as well. We just acquired my Father In Law's 2013 Econoline Van. I checked www.decorauto.com but my wife found myseatcovers.com and she is in love with the hawaiian prints they have available. When you get a chance can you upload a picture of the seat covers on your ride? It looks like myseatcovers.com carries what Decor Auto does plus a few more designs.
Don't have 'em installed yet---tons of work to do before my "new" van is ready for them. Mine are resting comfortably inside the house until some time later; no photos yet

Myseatcovers.com does have the fancier stuff which I mentioned wasn't to my liking--nothing but straight-ahead 1000 DenierDupont Cordura, solid black color. They do offer several stages of fit, what I received from DecorAuto would be 100% to their "custom" fit where the entire back seat cover is Cordura, no stretchy fabric.

Direct comparison of same construction features (fabric, color, fit) between the two brands plus free shipping has DecorAuto being less costly. If the flashy colors suit your taste I've heard here and elsewhere about the Wet Okole and that would probably be my choice.

HTH
Old 12-28-2017, 10:49 AM   #18

Quote:
Don't have 'em installed yet---tons of work to do before my "new" van is ready for them. Mine are resting comfortably inside the house until some time later; no photos yet

Myseatcovers.com does have the fancier stuff which I mentioned wasn't to my liking--nothing but straight-ahead 1000 DenierDupont Cordura, solid black color. They do offer several stages of fit, what I received from DecorAuto would be 100% to their "custom" fit where the entire back seat cover is Cordura, no stretchy fabric.

Direct comparison of same construction features (fabric, color, fit) between the two brands plus free shipping has DecorAuto being less costly. If the flashy colors suit your taste I've heard here and elsewhere about the Wet Okole and that would probably be my choice.

HTH
I called Decor Auto and asked to speak with Susan. You're right she's very helpful! She's obsessed with dogs though, more like dog crazy. But very helpful. I told her I was trying to find covers for my econoline and how I came across this post and your recommendation. She was gushing about how great it was dealing with you and so forth. For a company to remember you singly, that is awesome. Its not often that companies would even care enough to remember names and such. That's a big plus in my book.
I asked her about Wet Okole and myseatcovers.com. Myseatcovers.com is a company her friend started with her help, they offer more patterns and options because with decorauto.com she's unable to do all the manual work to get it online and keep up with it so her friend decided to do it on the side to help them. But the difference is that with myseatcovers.com, they are able to donate to different causes and charities.
I'll be calling myseatcovers shortly to speak to Michelle. With what you're saying about Decor Auto and the conversation I had with Susan, I feel like they are a good company. Susan was very reassuring and I see why you felt at ease ordering through her.

Let's just hope my wife doesn't pick some crazy girly print. I hate pink and she knows it.
Old 12-30-2017, 05:59 AM   #19
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMike View Post
I called Decor Auto and asked to speak with Susan. You're right she's very helpful! She's obsessed with dogs though, more like dog crazy. But very helpful. I told her I was trying to find covers for my econoline and how I came across this post and your recommendation. She was gushing about how great it was dealing with you and so forth. For a company to remember you singly, that is awesome. Its not often that companies would even care enough to remember names and such. That's a big plus in my book.
I asked her about Wet Okole and myseatcovers.com. Myseatcovers.com is a company her friend started with her help, they offer more patterns and options because with decorauto.com she's unable to do all the manual work to get it online and keep up with it so her friend decided to do it on the side to help them. But the difference is that with myseatcovers.com, they are able to donate to different causes and charities.
I'll be calling myseatcovers shortly to speak to Michelle. With what you're saying about Decor Auto and the conversation I had with Susan, I feel like they are a good company. Susan was very reassuring and I see why you felt at ease ordering through her.

Let's just hope my wife doesn't pick some crazy girly print. I hate pink and she knows it.
Without any offense ANYTIME a woman gets a choice for anything related to "decorating" you can bet it WON'T be what men would choose for themselves!

You're right about Susan, didn't know Myseatcovers's Michelle was one of her buddies. I think what stands out most about DecorAuto is we can actually talk to the owner---easy to feel comfortable with a purchase when we know the company is so passionate about their products.

Of course if we keep talking up DecorAuto they'll grow too big and suffer from growing---but good on 'em if that happens, just glad I got in early!

Please let us know which company you eventually choose--and of course the final color/pattern selection!
Old 01-04-2018, 11:06 AM   #20

Quote:
Without any offense ANYTIME a woman gets a choice for anything related to "decorating" you can bet it WON'T be what men would choose for themselves!

You're right about Susan, didn't know Myseatcovers's Michelle was one of her buddies. I think what stands out most about DecorAuto is we can actually talk to the owner---easy to feel comfortable with a purchase when we know the company is so passionate about their products.

Of course if we keep talking up DecorAuto they'll grow too big and suffer from growing---but good on 'em if that happens, just glad I got in early!

Please let us know which company you eventually choose--and of course the final color/pattern selection!
Yes, both companies seem to be very honest. Michelle admitted that any questions beyond her knowledge, she asks Susan or even has Susan give them a call back.

I let my wife rescue an injured and special needs dog for Christmas in exchange for Cordura Seat Covers lol. She agreed and said she's ordering Hawaiian Prints for her car and not the Econoline. I think I have won this, fellas! We placed our orders through myseatcovers.com so I'll keep you guys posted.

I'm with you, JWA. These guys are top notch so far. I do not think I'll be referring anyone to any other company. I'll update you once the covers come in for our cars!