Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2018, 11:06 AM   #31
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMike View Post
Well, isn't pink the new "in" color for men? Isn't that't the hipity dipity style?

The more I see it, the more it suits my wife, the more I'm getting to like it.

Don't judge! It've been seeing it every day so it has grown on me.
Good points all around----please know I wasn't being the least bit snarky, just attempting a bit of humor.

All this color and fabric thing is totally subjective---that's probably why we have such a wide and varied choice.

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:45 AM   #32

EDIT: Hmmm, just looked at those pictures on their website and wondering if I just need to tuck all that fabric in . . . . . At work, need to investigate when I get home. Prepared to eat a little crow . . . .

I was debating if I should start a new thread but it seems like there are already plenty for 'seat cover' threads and this one seems to be recently active.

I purchased a pair of Coverking Tactical seat covers for my 2012 E350.

https://www.coverking.com/seat-cover...at-covers.html

I really liked the idea of the MOLE system on the back. I figured I could move a lot of the clutter from my center console to this area.

I received them about two weeks ago and immediately installed them. There were some fit issues right away. However, I have the SMB leather seats and chalked it up to that. I selected the '50/50 seats w power driver and manual passenger seat' option at checkout (because, well, that's what I have . . . ).

Long story short, the lower driver side seat is not right. I think it is possible they sent me the manual side for both. You can't tell but, the lower seat cover also covers the lumbar adjustment knob.

Emails sent to customer service were fruitless. I was told twice that this had been sent to the 'design team' but never heard back from them. I finally called customer service this morning and the woman answering the phone literally told me they don't do customer service over the phone.

I was told to leave a message and someone would call me back. At that point, my patience ran out.

I am sending them back. Not only is the fit not right but the MOLE system on the van seats sits quite low as opposed to the pictures on their website in which it starts at the top of the seat. The van seats are obviously taller than those in the pictures so probably not much can be done about that.

YMMV, but for me this was more hassle than it was worth. If I was 100% pleased with the fit etc, maybe I would have waded further into the Customer Service quagmire but it is just not worth it for me especially at the price I paid for them.

Pretty bummed they did not work out. Always looking for an extra inch of storage anywhere I can get it.

Just one data point but, something to think about if you are thinking of going with these.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:13 AM   #33

[QUOTE=dirtanddogfurEmails sent to customer service were fruitless. I was told twice that this had been sent to the 'design team' but never heard back from them. I finally called customer service this morning and the woman answering the phone literally told me they don't do customer service over the phone. .[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear your seat covers don't fit. A couple months ago I had a similar "customer service" experience. While applying for a nice rebate on line, the form would not accept my purchace date, (or any other for that matter). The customer service phone number was never answered, but the recording told me to go to the website and use the on line contact form. No reply........ever.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 04:04 PM   #34

I put these on a few weeks ago in my 2010 and the fit is awesome. Only complaint is the fabric is a little thin, but sturdy and fits very well. No armrest cover either though. I paid $119 for the set.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2x 1987 BMW 535is
1995 BMW 540i6
winmag4582001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:43 AM   #35
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtanddogfur View Post
EDIT: Hmmm, just looked at those pictures on their website and wondering if I just need to tuck all that fabric in . . . . . At work, need to investigate when I get home. Prepared to eat a little crow . . . .
I'll be looking forward to your update DogNFur----considering my own minor travails before finding my preference I understand that disappointment.

Like yourself the MOLLE system would be a huge draw---I hope you're able to work this out.

TIA
Old 03-12-2018, 08:05 PM   #36

Thanks for sharing this experience!

I was considering a pair of those. I have one of their indoor car covers (not for the van though -- hah!), and it is executed very nicely. If you can manage to find someone to interact with, this may be fixable somehow. Of course if you can't get someone to work with...

Good luck and keep us posted!

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:53 PM   #37

So, I took another look at the driver seat cover. Sure enough, I was able to stuff all that fabric under the plastic. Coverking actually sends a tool to do this. This is different than the manual passenger seat (see pics). I suppose that was where my confusion came from. The fit is not ideal right around the knob for the lumbar support. It hits the shaft of that knob behind the plastic. I think it is pretty minor.

I also mentioned I have the leather seats from SMB. If you look at the seats from my earlier post, you can see the leather 'flap' that acts as a skirt below the seat. I had rolled them up earlier to make the covers fit. It seemed to work better if I tucked them all the way up behind the covers. In essence, they are sticking straight up and being held up by the cover themselves.

There is the 'hook' part of velcro along the edge of the passenger side manual cover. I am guessing this would stick to the cloth if it were there. As it is, I just tucked it around the back, as seen in the picture.

Ironically, literally on my way back inside i got an email from Coverking Customer Service informing me they did not make a seat cover that was compatible with my vehicle.

At this point, I am keeping them. Fit issues are minor and most of them I have dealt with. The MOLLE system is really cool and there are lots of inexpensive holders for water bottles, etc.

Coverking Customer Service still is not good. However, had I just dedicated some more time to troubleshooting myself, I probably never would have even found that out.

Old 03-16-2018, 05:21 AM   #38
JWA

Thanks for the update DogNFur---seems a bit of patience and diligence paid off.

Those don't look bad at all and if the MOLLE system works to your satisfaction you have a functional set of covers doing two jobs; protecting the seats and providing extra storage too.

I'm planning to install my DecorAuto covers this weekend for a trial fit---will be replacing the seats with an older but better condition OEM set at some point in the near future. If that comes to be I'll post photos of the final fit for everyone's viewing pleasure.