Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #1

Small Dometic/Waeco cf-18 fridge/freezer ?

Has anyone used this small 26 can plug in DC fridge/freezer.Our 3 way fridge works great but has no freezer.We went to Ventura for a couple days and wife asked about getting a fridge with a freezer.I was looking into one of the Norcolds like they put in the SMB when I stumbled across the small plug in types.We just need one to put a bag of ice in and maybe a couple ice creams or we may make our own ice.the Dometic/Waeco can be had on ebay for $342 delivered.I think that's what we need but may go a little bigger.This one and the ones a little bigger are 35 watts or about 2.9 amps at 12 volts.If anyone can tell me about what they use or reliability of these i would greatly appreciate the help.

stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #2

Re: Small Dometic/Waeco cf-18 fridge/freezer ?

We have the Dometic/Waeco CR110 (about 4 ft^3) with a very nice freezer that is completely enclosed, i.e. not just a metal non-enclosed box with a door in front to hide the fact. To defrost, you just turn it off for about 1/2 hour and slide any ice out without scraping due to the finished walls of the freezer. The only thing I don't like is that the freezer door hinges at the top, so it is hard to see what is in there, but we pretty much fixed that with a little Velcro to keep it open when necessary.

You can choose to keep the main refrig door ajar with an adjustment above the door when the refrig is not being used to keep it from getting ucky around town. The interior is also nicely designed with movable shelves inside and in the door. Runs on the famous Danfoss compressor and IMHO is very quiet, significantly quieter than our state of the art Samsung refrig at home. We have had it for two years and are completely satisfied. It is nice looking to; after all our vans need S.S. just like our kitchens, right? I am also glad we did not get anything less than this size! It is like flat screen TV---get the largest thing that will fit in your space---we have never regretted that after giving up canned food 150 yrs ago!

Electrical: 4 cf fridge, nuker, water heater, compressor
Propane: stove top, furnace Travel: https://www.lugnutlife.wordpress.com
coyotearms is offline   Reply With Quote