Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2018, 07:52 AM   #1

Starcool III | Aux Condenser Fan Fuse Location

Hi Folks -

My Starcool III kicked the 40 amp manual reset circuit breaker yesterday and cut the system off. I pushed in the little button, and the system fired up again, however, when I walked around the van, I noticed that the Auxillary Condenser Fan (located outside the van, under the driver's seat) was NOT running.

Hmmm.....

I pulled the manual up, and see where the Aux condenser fan is fused with a 15 amp 12v fuse located on the fuse relay plate.

Ok ....

Pulling up the rear seat, I don't see where this fuse is (??) ... I have a 5 amp & three 20 amp fuses, but I don't see a 15 anywhere.

Am I missing something here, or is this fuse in another location? I snapped a quick shot of the fuses on the relay plate.

Thanks for any help or advice!?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20180506_092129.jpg  

Old 05-06-2018, 08:18 AM   #2

I am not sure what manual you are talking about, I don't believe the general sportsmobile manual deals with StarcoolIII. You can find the starcoolIII manuals at this location.
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...nuals-116.html

While this picture is for something else it identifies the fuses, and they are as you have installed. 12 Aux Condenser is 2nd fuse down or top 20 amp fuse.

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 08:43 AM   #3

Thanks Greg - I have the Starcool III manuals, but that 15 amp fuse location referenced in the manual puzzles me ... attached is the snippet from the book I'm looking at ... Joe
Attached Thumbnails
capture.JPG  
Old 05-06-2018, 10:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshrader View Post
Thanks Greg - I have the Starcool III manuals, but that 15 amp fuse location referenced in the manual puzzles me ... attached is the snippet from the book I'm looking at ... Joe
Got it, sorry for my confusion. I believe that is referencing to the 15 amp fuse for the 12 volt ignition on circuit (terminal 2 on panel) Might be a fuse where they attach , or they rely on it being fused by ford. Might be something attached up by steering column.

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:54 AM   #5

Just wanted to close this thread for future searches - I spoke w/ Chad @ Sportsmobile Huntington - he noted that the separate fuse for the aux fan shown in the Starcool III manual doesn't exist. It's fused into one of the 3 20 amp fuses on the relay board.

In other news it appears the bearings have seized on the fan, and will have to be replaced
Old 05-08-2018, 09:21 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshrader View Post
In other news it appears the bearings have seized on the fan, and will have to be replaced
That's very common (seized fan). Best to replace both while you are it as long as you are ordering one.

Seized fans will often trip the breaker or blow a fuse (or both) due to the high resistance.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote