Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2016, 12:36 PM   #1

Garage
Starcool III leaking water

Any suggestions on how to deal with a leak in the black intake box for the AC (Starcool III) under the RB50 pantry area? There is no filter only an apparently glued on foam filter I'm guessing the condensation line is plugged but I can't move the black box to check. Is this going to take a weekend bench removal and, and , and ???? Also, how do you clean the inside of the black box?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Old 05-27-2016, 04:14 PM   #2

Could you find the drain on the outside and work something into it? Or blow some air through it? Be carefull though as high pressure air could cause problems if it didn't have an escape route.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:26 AM   #3

Bringing this one back from the dead!

I'm having the same issue with my 350 SMB. Last week when on a few hour trip my wife noticed that the flooring was wet in front of the intake. Looking at the drain line that comes out of the unit it appears to be dry. I'm sure that something may be blocking the condensation from draining. Rather than just running a wire in there to unclog it, I figured it would be best to remove the unit and completely clean the condensate pan below it. Has anyone dealt with this before? I'm trying to determine the level of complexity. Came across the thread searching the forum.
VanDickin is offline   Reply With Quote