Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2010, 10:29 AM   #1

Suburban Furnace Operating Question

Hey!

I did a quick search and didn't see this question addressed so please indulge my ignorance...

I have a 2006 E350 EB SMB with a Suburban Furnace. I’ve only had the SMB a month and have only camped in warm weather. Last night, while camping in Tok, AK, the blower kicked on but I didn’t have the propane turned on so there was no heat. I then turned the propane on but the blower wouldn’t turn back on automatically. I got my manual out and read about turning the furnace off but the only on/off switch that I can find is on the side of the furnace and hard to reach due to where the furnace is installed under a cabinet. I wound up pulling the fuse and getting the blower to restart with heat.

My question is how do I turn on/off the furnace? Do I try and reach the switch under the unit or is there something else? If I’m storing the SMB in the winter do I just pull the fuse? I have a Danhard A/C with thermostat which has an on/off switch and a separate thermostat for the furnace which doesn’t have an on/off switch.

Thanks for any help!

8850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #2

Re: Suburban Furnace Operating Question

You have to make sure the Surburban heating thermostat on the wall is all the way to the left (off). There is a little "snap" when it's off. If you pull the cover off the thermostat you will see where the switch is and that there is a plastic tab that opens the on/off connector. Hope that's you problem.
salivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdarst
You have to make sure the Surburban heating thermostat on the wall is all the way to the left (off). There is a little "snap" when it's off. If you pull the cover off the thermostat you will see where the switch is and that there is a plastic tab that opens the on/off connector. Hope that's you problem.
Wow, do I feel stoopid! That was exactly my problem, thanks so much. I had looked at the Suburban schematic, the SMB Manual, taken the thermostat cover off and completely missed the on/off connector. Thanks again!
8850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:01 PM   #4

yes, just slide it all the way to the left and it will click off.....the previous owner of my SMB put an "off" label there. maybe try that. enjoy your trip!
tampaliquors is offline   Reply With Quote