Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2007, 03:21 AM   #1

Swivel seat height

This is for anyone who had swivel adapters installed on their captain's chairs. Sportsmobile informed me it raises the seat about 2 inches. Has this been a comfort problem while driving or in use while turned around?

peacola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:45 AM   #2

Re: Swivel seat height

No problem!
Actually puts me up where I get better all around visibility.
6.0L PSTD
Torqueshift
Voyager Roof
:q6:
kenkillsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:56 AM   #3

Garage
It depends on how tall you are.

My Land Rover Discovery had high seats, too high for me (6') even at their lowest position. I always felt that I was looking straight ahead at the line between the windshield and the headliner. Seat height changes the comfort level of the armrests, and the relative access to all the controls, as well as your ability to view the gauges through or above the steering wheel. Most of this won't bother most people, but long term driving position and comfort are very important.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:12 AM   #4

I think the swivels make for a good seat height. Never really thought about it before, but it does seem high, although actual driving, looking out the windows and for comfort I think they are great.

I'd probably feel weird in a van without them now... although I recently drove an 07 with no interior and didn't even notice. It didn't even have sun visors or a rearview mirror so if it was drasticlly shorter I would think that the perception would have been increased, but as it was I didn't notice the seat hight difference.

I've sat in later models Wranglers where the seat is ~3" shorter and I can't stand it.

I'm 6' too. HTH.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:47 PM   #5

I'm 5'4" and really like the added seat height (for obvious reasons). I got the swivels on both front chairs. The added seat height also allows my knees to bend in a proper prone position when cruising instead of always having to be stretched out like in my other vehicles. Allows me to move my legs around a bit so I don't get so tired I guess.
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/alb...43791a54be.jpg
Buji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:45 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buji
I'm 5'4" and really like the added seat height (for obvious reasons). I got the swivels on both front chairs. The added seat height also allows my knees to bend in a proper prone position when cruising instead of always having to be stretched out like in my other vehicles. Allows me to move my legs around a bit so I don't get so tired I guess.
Buji,

Do you have a manual, or power driver's seat?

Herb
Old 07-30-2007, 08:07 AM   #7

I have the manual seat, as SMB wouldn't apply the swivel to the power seat. After I ordered, there was a user who posted at the yahoo forum who was able to get a third party who specializes in equipping vehicles for handicapped folks to make a swivel power seat.
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/alb...43791a54be.jpg
Buji is offline   Reply With Quote