Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2018, 12:18 PM   #11

The second row Chateau seats don't have fixed bases or integrated seat belts. The bases are quick release with a mounting plate and the seat belts are bolted to the interior structure of the van.

Your seats may be factory Ford seats but they don't appear to be the "Chateau package" seats.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:43 PM   #12

I agree with mikracer. Someone added those. The factory Chateau seats are mounted further back than that as well. I'll try to find a pic.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:48 PM   #13

Our van is in the shop for some engine work ($$$!) right now so I can't post photos but that does look like they are a lot closer than the 2nd row seats on our Chateau version. Here's a couple of stock photos from the web that look about right. Seems like there should be space to swivel them. 1der said he might be able to help me out once I get the van back and can get him some photos. I'll post here to let everyone know what I figure out. Maybe it'll have to be fab'd, just wanted to make sure there wasn't an easy way first.
Attached Thumbnails
2001-ford-econoline-traveler-back-seats.jpg   2014-ford-e150 passenger-secondrowseats_ftecpint1451.jpg  
ndubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 01:02 AM   #14

ndubes, I have a couple of quick release bases that also swivel. They did not come out of a Chateau van so I'm not sure if the mounting holes will line up with what you already have in the floor or whether the top portion will plug into the base you already have mounted.

If you PM me your email address I can send you a couple of pics of what I've got so you can see if they'll work. If they look like they might work I can get you some measurements for the hole spacing or you can swing by and take a look. I'm in Scottsdale.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:48 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeagent View Post
ndubes, I have a couple of quick release bases that also swivel. They did not come out of a Chateau van so I'm not sure if the mounting holes will line up with what you already have in the floor or whether the top portion will plug into the base you already have mounted.

If you PM me your email address I can send you a couple of pics of what I've got so you can see if they'll work. If they look like they might work I can get you some measurements for the hole spacing or you can swing by and take a look. I'm in Scottsdale.
PM Sent - soon as I have the van back I'll try to swing by and take a look. That would be great if it's something that fits!
Old 04-30-2018, 09:25 PM   #16

Finally got the van back today and snapped a few photos. Got a couple PM's to send, hopefully I'll find something that works easily to swivel these guys. Note that the front seats are as far back as they get so there can be more room if needed to swivel those 2nd row seats. I'll keep every posted if I find a drop-in solution.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5356.jpg   IMG_5357.jpg  
Old 05-01-2018, 06:39 PM   #17

The standard swivels sold for the front should work between the rear seat itself and the pedestal ,not the base bolted to the floor.
They will be higher though of course.
The bolt pattern of the seats “should” be the same, here,
Old 05-01-2018, 08:29 PM   #18

My front seats and middle seats look very different from each other in how they mount. The seat itself just has some pins that slide into some holes on the base, and then a lever locks them down in the middle of the base. I called Sportsmobile and also spoke to 1der (Ray) about using the SMB supplied base and they said it won't work. Ray is trying to think of a way to maybe modify it to work though.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5362.jpg   IMG_5365.jpg   IMG_5364.jpg   IMG_5361.jpg   IMG_5363.jpg  

Old 05-01-2018, 09:45 PM   #19

I understand how they work, I posted a picture of my own.
What I did mix up is the swivel style.
I would look at the Spinter style swivels which are designed to mount between the pedestal and the seat vs the E series style which replaces the pedestal.
Your front and 2nd row seats mount the same to the pedestal, the pedestal is different in how it mounts to the floor.
The swivel would mount in the spot in my pic above.
Sure the bolt patterns might be off a bit but you could retain the quick release feature.
Like this
https://www.sprinterstore.com/produc...seat-adapters/
Or a generic equivalent, https://www.ebay.com/p/K-M-Swivel-Pr...b184cafffe700f
Old 05-01-2018, 10:22 PM   #20

Brian94ht has the idea I was thinking about - using the universal base like the eBay one. Alternatively, if you can find a couple of Ford front seats, then pretty sure my bases could be made to work.

Tags
2nd row, e350, ford, swivel seat