Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2016, 05:52 PM   #1

The Truckfridge Company

I was headed to pick up a van yesterday and knew I'd be passing right through the small town in Kentucky where Truckfridge is. Sure enough, it's right there off I-75 so I stopped for a quick look around. I had no idea they even had a showroom. They do!

TruckFridge.com - Quality true 12 volt DC compressor refrigeration with freezer - Georgetown, KY Exit 129 next to Piolt Truck Center - many models to choose from.

I wanted to put a face with a name since I've bought two of them. Well, make that 3. Anyway, the salesman can't seem to make the connection that camper van/RV enthusiasts are storming the planet but I'm trying to help him figure it out. A truck driver walked in while I was there and in 5 minutes bought one saying that his old NOcold had finally crapped out. Maybe Truckfridge will soon learn that almost every RV ever made has a NOcold or a Dometic in it and they just don't last or cool quickly, at least in my experience.

Anyway, it's a nice showroom. Truckfridge rebrands Vitrifrigo and IndelB fridges, both Italian makes and both solid products that have been around awhile. My first fridge, in Rusty, was a TF130 with a Danfoss compressor, 4.2 cf, and I absolutely loved it.

After I sold that van I tried a chest type, a rebranded IndelB TF51, a 2cf chest style also with a Danfoss compressor.

TruckFridge Model: TF51 - Portable Model

Yesterday, as I was walking out, I walked back by the newer, rugged IndelB steel models that look just like an Engel. I asked for a discount if I bought one right then and got a nice price break plus no shipping since it was in stock. It's a monstrous TB74 model that is 71 liters! Also Danfoss (now Secop) compressor. These new steel models aren't on Truckfridges clunky website yet. We can only hope they are redesigning soon.

Mine is the one on the left. Shoe in this next pic for size comparison. The one pictured here is the same as mine with separate fridge/freezer doors.

Here's one of the really big chest types for those of you with an ambo or maybe a bus, or perhaps a more serious beer addiction than me.

They also make a huge 8.1cf front door model for motorhomes/travel trailers which I hope to put in my RV someday.

According to the salesman they more or less always have sales going on their Facebook page, if you're into that sort of thing.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
I was headed to pick up a van yesterday
Do tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
According to the salesman they more or less always have sales going on their Facebook page, if you're into that sort of thing.
Thanks but no thanks, I much prefer paying full retail.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:29 PM   #3

I have the Volvo AC/DC model and absolutely loving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 LX470 expo ready
2008 Ford E350 EB V10 4x4 Sportsmobile PH top
Custom off road trailer
Tienckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:04 PM   #4

New van. What new van are you picking up?

Thanks for the virtual tour.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:32 PM   #5

I'll get to it. Busy at work. Sorry to keep you hangin'.

Oh, I should probably add that I'm just a TF fan and I think they're gonna grow. Maybe they'll send me a free one one day but I have no affiliation.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:45 PM   #6

FWIW, I have the tiny TF-49 and it works fine.....my only beef may be the door slide latch seems a little flimsy.....just a little....and it had a slightly noisy fan, but I fixed that. Thing has been working great......
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:01 PM   #7
Site Team

Guess we now know where the fridge is going.

Herb
Old 09-01-2016, 09:36 AM   #8

I have the TF51 and it works great. Seems super efficient and it's pretty quiet when its running.