Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2015, 06:13 PM   #11

Re: Top Load Refrigerator

Truckfridge.com may be another option for you. The units look very similar to the other units mentioned. Their store site says they are getting new units with separate temperature compartments later this summer. We have one of their upright units and it has been flawless.

larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:37 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der
I think Engle/Norcold/ARB are all the same. Edgestar is different.

Quick search::

http://kpr.craigslist.org/rvs/5049139319.html
http://ventura.craigslist.org/app/5054579615.html (seems a bit too good to be true, but there are some questions/cpncerns about TEK2 models )
FWIW, those do look like the older models. No idea if better or worse, but may have some age to them.

Herb
Old 06-12-2015, 07:34 PM   #13

Ray (my3kids) has a chest model for sale.
86Scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:12 AM   #14

Had to read "chest model" a couple of times... Once I got my mind out of the gutter, I realized I had seen that post. Pick up only.

The truck fridge people said they could get me a an Indel B box at a pretty good price -- but my wife is pushing me towards the National Luna. Who'd a thunk it.
2horsegarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:14 PM   #15

I had the Weekender 50 model National Luna in the van I just sold. Loved it! You can have ice and ice cream in the freezer section and normal fridge stuff in the other. If I get another van and it will fit with the floor plan I would buy another. I would probably get the model with two separate compartments and controls.

Also, Paul May from Equipt was fantastic to deal with.
Eric

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:08 AM   #16

The Whynter brand top load frig/freezer was recommended to me by a long time camper van owner.

He has one now is Sienna with Westy type pop-top. For the money, energy use and reliability he recommends the Whynter brand.

Anyone else out there have input on this brand? Is this the same as the Engle/Norcold/ARB but with different branding? I don't believe it is but I'm not that familiar.

Here is the Whynter website: http://www.whynter.com/product/refriger ... e_freezers

The 45 Qt is what I'm considering: http://www.whynter.com/productdetail/re ... eezers/282

Cheers,
Justin
Jboles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 08:34 PM   #17

I've been using a top load Indel B from Truckfridge for about a year. Works great.
yelnam is offline   Reply With Quote