Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2018, 11:10 AM   #1

truckfridge dual zone freezing everything

I have a dual zone top loading TB65 steel fridge/freezer from Truckfridge (Indel-B). It's less than a year old. No matter what I do or try when I use the one bin for freezing it just freezes the contents on the other side as well. I have tried everything from turning the fridge side completely off lining it with insulation etc. Truckfridge hasn't been much help either. They gave me
some internal settings to try that were recommended by IndelB, but no dice. The only thing that really works is keeping the lid open. Been on the road 5 weeks now last 3 trying to keep some fish I caught in AK frozen. But I keep tossing veggies and drinks cause of this unit. So before I try and go down the warranty road or sell this for cheap is this common with other brands of this type of design with the dual zone ie Engel Dometic etc?? Any experiences? Thanks!

keytothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:13 PM   #2

I don't have any experience with a DZ refrigerator but my Engel mt45 has been flawless since I purchased it used 2 and a half years ago. I can set it well below freezing or 45 and anything in between. It lives in my van 24/7 through some wild swings of temp ranges.
What I'm getting at is, I wouldn't have any fear in purchasing a Engel refrigerator again, DZ or not.
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 02:32 PM   #3

Truckfridge is being real cool with the warranty! They will send me a new fridge another dual zone or the single TB74 which is the same size. They are testing the dual they have to make sure it works properly.Just trying to get an idea if this common on the duals from other manufacturers. Or maybe I just got a lemon.
keytothestone is offline   Reply With Quote