Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2016, 08:00 PM   #11

We use an in-line sediment/carbon filter in the fill line for the fresh water tank and then a 3M US-B1 filter on the cold water line at the sink. This setup has worked for us for 10+ years of RVing.

Here's one source for the 3M filter:
https://www.freshwatersystems.com/p-...r-system.aspx?

COkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:28 PM   #12

That 3M filter has some good specs.
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:13 AM   #13

I am just planning on two 5 Gallon water containers for my build, and probably another 5 gallon for waste water if needed. I have been able to camp for quite a while on 10 gallons with no issues.
I do have a few Lifestraws for emergency use in my pack, but they are not really efficient for filling any type of large container since they are designed for Personal use.
I recently got a Lifestraw Family 1.0 Filter and it is great for filling larger containers. It isn't an inline but it is a gravity fed setup that filters large quantities of water. It takes about 30 minutes to do one of my 5 gallon containers but the way it is set up you can do other things while it i filtering so it doesn't seem to take long at all. The other thing I really like about it is that I can usually taste water that has come through a filter and I don't like it. The Lifestraw filters don't seem to leave any taste at all and they remove bad flavors so that is a big plus for me.
I plan on making a spot with the Kitchen stuff in my build to keep the family version so if we run into water that is questionable I will run it through there.Even if you get a inline or more permanent solution one of these is great to have as a backup or bug out option if needed.
www.DirkMitchell.com
Dirk Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote