Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #1

Garage
wiper washer sprayer issues.

i searched every term i could think of and i just kept getting the portable shower thread for the word sprayer...

my wiper washer sprayer stopped working a few days ago. just wanted to see if this is a common deal, has a easy solution, or if someone can point me to a thread where its been discussed to death before i tear into the problem. its been 98-100 degrees here for the last few weeks and id really like to spend as little time as possible out in it fixing uncool stuff when i have cool stuff ready and waiting for install.

normally when these go out, they just stop. mine however is squirting just enough to get the wipers wet, but wont spray anymore than a few inchs up the window. so it seems like the pimp is still good and there might just be a leak in the line somewhere not letting it have enough pressure to reach the entire window.

any imput is appreciated

...parking near a spillway under a dam is how we cleaned the window this past weekend. was effective and all, but dams arent just everywhere.

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #2

Re: wiper washer sprayer issues.

Nozzles are probably plugged. I bought a new set for mine when they plugged up, but then after a few sprays after filling with Rain-X windshield washer fluid, it cleared right up! Plus, that stuff dissolves bugs the best, and maintains the RainX coating (it doesn't work great on its own as far as RainX goes, but if you to a regular stuff initially, the washer fluid will maintain it indefinitely)
Old 09-01-2013, 03:49 AM   #3

I keep medium sized syringes around to blow out my lines if necessary.

(this is going to go over well, I can just tell)
Old 09-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
I keep medium sized syringes around to blow out my lines if necessary.

(this is going to go over well, I can just tell)
I'll be nice.

Take a needle and clear out the tips of your nozzles. They've just got gunk in them. You can also aim them easily with a needle inserted. Just don't jab the needle a full inch or more in, just the tip. If you go to far it will hollow them out to where they won't spray well anymore.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #5

I have a related but different issue.. my driver side one works fine, but is pointed too high..

I can't seem to figure out how to adjust it lower. Any quick pointers?
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam
I have a related but different issue.. my driver side one works fine, but is pointed too high..

Reread my post above. Aim em with a needle inserted. It works great.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam

Reread my post above. Aim em with a needle inserted. It works great.

Yes, sorry, should have been more clear.

Tried needle in the past, no go.. Maybe just rusted in place?
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:42 AM   #8

Garage

bump up. still not fixed, lol. ive done more seaching, but all that really comes up is this thread, references to this issue in my build thread, and the shower threads

i removed the cowl to possibly replace nozzles and undid the hose and tried to spray again. now i hear the pump, but no sputter, no nothing. is the pump just dead? is this common?

also, can anyone tell me exactly where the bottle is located? is it under the battery?? the lines and fill neck dissappear under the battery, so i assume its undeneith, but hopeing someone can verify before i just start ripping stuff out and discover its elsewhere. thanks in advance for any info/help!

and x2 with needle aiming. worked perfect on other car

will also try the rainx stuff once this stuff is gone. ive had good luck with rainx stuff in the past, but guess i forgot about it this time round
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
Old 02-11-2014, 06:30 PM   #9

Garage

bottle is under battery tray, but wasnt my issue the underside of the 1/4" y split between the nozzles was rotted away. so all fluids were just spweing into the cowl area. never noticed the puddles behind front wheels before due to it always happened to be raining or snowing when i was trying to diagnose
Old 02-11-2014, 10:19 PM   #10

Garage

you can you blow through the hoses fallowing the line back to find the clog.
pinz712 is offline   Reply With Quote